*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520053-Monday-miscellaneous
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#520053 added July 9, 2007 at 9:36pm
Restrictions: None
Monday miscellaneous
There are over 200 million Americans who are overweight, and collectively they are carrying around an extra 5 BILLION pounds of excess fat.
http://v.mercola.com/blogs/public_blog/Finally-Science-Confirms-the-Secret-Key-t...


Just take a large, flat stone and draw a dotted line down the middle of it with paint. Then write, "to relieve stress, tear on dotted line."


******

Last night after 11:30 p.m., I was sitting on the porch enjoying the quiet. I realized that those crazy folks who had been setting off firecrackers since way before the 4th of July must have finally run out of gun powder. It was really quiet outside.

A few minutes later, a car came down the street, a bit faster than it should have, considering the residential neighborhood. The music was a little louder than it should have been for the time of night.

Someone was dropping off one of our neighbors - a teen boy. The girl who drove, used the driveway directly across the street from our house to drop him off and turn around. He got out of the car and the three teens laughed and and talked louder than they should have. None of that really bothered me, since I was already up and sitting outside.

The girl started backing up out of the driveway and I knew right away that she was going to hit our car - hubby's car, actually - parked on the street. She never turned the wheels of the car, just backed straight into the car. The kids were still laughing and talking and she was about to just drive away. I stood up on the porch and yelled, "Stop! You just hit my car." She did stop.

When I went into the house for a flashlight to access the damage, hubby woke up and came out too. There didn't appear to be any, but in the dark it was hard to tell.

I took the girl's license and insurance information down as she asked me, "Why are you writing that information?" She also commented, "Can we please hurry? I have a curfew."

Oh I surely wanted to give that girl a long lecture. About not being out too close to curfew just in case something happened. About watching what one was doing while driving, instead of laughing and teasing. About stopping when one hits another's car. (I really think she would have just gone on if I had not shouted from the porch.)

The girl also asked that I call her cell phone and not her home number in the morning when hubby checks the car in the daylight. I did that, but I also suggested that she needed to tell her parents all about what happened. There was no damage to the car, but they do need to know anyway.

My son thinks I should call her parents.



© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520053-Monday-miscellaneous