*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520570-One-day-my-son-will-be-the-death-of-me
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1201314
Who am I, Where am I Going, and Where have I been? The story of my life!
#520570 added July 11, 2007 at 2:24pm
Restrictions: None
One day my son will be the death of me
July 11, 2007

OMG..Ok..I have a four and a half year old boy child. He's a good kid..mostly..little on the hyper side...little on the ornery side (he gets that from his dad...lol) can be whiny...uses his cuteness far too often to get out of trouble. Stubborn and independant. 

Last summer...at 3 and half years of age...he FINALLY decided to become potty trained. We'd tried, preschool tried..we'd bribed, rewarded, tried just undies, tried naked, tried pullups...many things..nothing worked. He didn't want to sit on the potty. Period. End of discussion..he also didn't want to stand...but before his 3rd birthday started sleeping dry..and has had very few nighttime accidents since.

Last summer once he decided to be potty trained..it was almost an overnight event. Since then..one of his favorite pasttimes has been peeing outside. He has a tree along the driveway he uses religiously on our walk back from his school bus.lol....otherwise, he'll pee wherever..no modesty, no shame. As only a little boy can do. I could share lots of anticdotes....the time I was settling my babysitting kids down for quiet time and went back to clean up lunch and he was gone....(slipped outside to pee since the bathroom was busy) or the time he insisted going outside to pee in the rain. I could share accidents (big boys might be able to just pull it out and not pull their pants down to pee but he's too little and pees down the front of his shorts)

This summer we've had some other issues. He'll be outside and have to poop...and a..squeeze his butt cheeks together to keep the poop from coming out or b. poop in his pants on teh way inside. Now, while I appreciate him not pooping outside....neither answer above works either. Please keep in mind, we live in the country with very few neighbors so his pottying outdoors bothers no one.

About 20 min ago..he came running in...He said, while standing in the kitchen door way "I had to poop and pee..and I knew if I ran it would come out"  So I said "so did you poop in your pants? He said "no" and I said "then go in the bathroom and go. and he said "No, I pooped in the house and I wiped my butt on a bag." So I then said..."you pooped in my house?" He said no. Dumbfounded and trying to figure out what exactly he's done...I then asked again if he had poop in his pants...he replied a little bit and that he'd stepped in it too. So I picked him up, carried him over my living room carpet and set him down in teh bathroom. I then asked "Where did you poop?"  He again says "In the house" As I'm pulling down his pants to clean him up..there IS NO POOP IN HIS UNDERWEAR!!!  We get clean clothes (his were a little wet) on him, washed his hands...and I said.."Jamie, where did you poop?" He said "I pooped in the house" And I said "You pooped in my house?" He said "NO. I pooped in the little house. Outside. and I wiped my butt with a bag."

Sighing I told him to tell everyone to stay out of the little house- a plastic play house-for now. And asked him to please listen to his body next time before he has to do that outside..  I"m worn out just from trying to figure out where the kid pooped..lol..gross and disgusting yes..but rather funny in my opinion...I just had to share.

On another note-and towards the other  child..the girl one who has forgotten we exist while she's at camp....
I read a book recently. I love to read...but don't often have time anymore...but last Friday Jamie and I made an adventure of Half Priced books (OH the number of Dr. Seuss Books I read him to be told..no that's not the one I want...rofl)
Anyway-I picked up a book for me..it rather jumped out at me and is the only one I even got to look at for me- It's called "My Girl -Adventures with a Teen in Training" by Karen Stabiner

It's pretty good...and it's basis is that not all families have to have major trauma inthe teen years-especially with a girl-that there is hope...

The opening paragraph of the fly cover reads "Here's a radical concept: Most girls are happy, and so are their mothers. Most girls are not destined for depression, eating disorders, low self-esteem, and raging fights with their parents-that's just a very noisy minority. In My Girl, Karen Stabiner tells the story of one girl's journey into adolescence, and of her own efforst to find a way to guide her daughter through life's real thickets-not the scary but rare ones we hear so much about."

It was good. It gave me hope. Holler if you'd like to borrow it and I'll find a way to get it to you. Basically what she says is yes, there will be fights and problems...but it doesn't have to the ugly. She hits their ups and downs..the goods and the bad and how she as a mother felt through it all.

Ok..so htat's where I am now. Hope you enjoyed a giggle today on our behalf.
blessings and hugs
Vicky

© Copyright 2007 hoosiermomma2 (UN: hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
hoosiermomma2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520570-One-day-my-son-will-be-the-death-of-me