*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/521246-How-am-I
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#521246 added July 14, 2007 at 11:34pm
Restrictions: None
How am I?
Ta reminded me that I didn't come back after the visit to the doctor to report about my fall.

Here's the scoop:

My doc said that what I did was basically the same as getting whiplash from a car accident. That's the reason my neck hurts. My collar bone isn't broken, but it is tender. She said that made sense considering that I had a form of whiplash.

My leg is infected, so I'm faithfully putting the triple antibiotic cream on it, leaving it uncovered (except when I have to go out in public) and taking oral antibiotics too for ten days.

My head appears to be okay. Well, from the fall anyway. *Smile*

I realized that the reason my lower back wasn't affected is that I did not land on my butt. What I did was go from a standing position to being flat on my back and I hit my head twice, 'cause it bounced. It could have been much worse.

I'm preaching tomorrow at two services. Today, I made sure I was at the praise team's practice, so I know what music they're playing/singing. Besides, that gave them an opportunity to pray for me.

The preacher's daughter informed me that while I'm talking, our media guy will be showing a power point slide show on the big screen. Usually, when the pastor is there, that's where they show our sermon note pages with the fill-in-the-blanks. The pastor did up some sermon note sheets for my sermon, but we didn't make any blanks for folks to fill in...just gave the Bible verses I'm using. So...I have no idea what the pastor has cooked up to show on the screen while I'm talking. Kelly told me that her dad said I should just ignore the screen and speak.

You know that my curiosity is going to get the best of me. And I'm going to want to watch the slides, which might get me all confooooooosled.

So your job, if you choose to accept it, is to pray that 1) my leg isn't too swollen to stand on it (like it has been the last two mornings) and 2) that I'll ignore the screen behind me and just speak. Hubby is planning on taping me, so he can make sure when he does that he gets the slide show in the video and I can see it later.

My son might or might not come to church on Sunday. I pray that he does, but we'll see.

On another note... The other day, my hubby's pocket decided to call me - on the phone. What, you say?

Hubby's old cell phone was one on which you only had to press one button/number to dial "special" phone number, like the home phone. Bumping it the wrong way could mean that he was making calls he didn't mean to make.

That phone died not long ago, and hubby got a new phone - a flip phone. He and I both assumed that having a flip phone would mean that his phone would not misbehave anymore. Not so.

About the time hubby should have been arriving in our township (based upon when he left the office), the phone rang. I answered it and heard a radio playing, but no one responded to my hello.

I checked the cordless phone, where there's a caller ID, and sure enough it was hubby calling. Only he didn't know it. I listened to the radio for a few minutes, then hung up. I guess because he was driving with the windows down, he had the music turned up more than usual. I think if the music had been softer, he would have heard me shouting from his pocket. "Hello, hello!" *Bigsmile*

Funny thing is that about ten minutes later, I picked up the phone and discovered that we were still connected. I decided to listen. I heard him use the self-check service at Kroger. I heard him comment on the gas price at one station as he passed it. "$3.12."

When he got home, I handed him the phone and told him that his pocket called and wouldn't talk to me. The really funny thing is that the conversation we had on the porch about his cell phone and what he bought at Kroger's then got recorded on our voice mail. Figure that one out.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/521246-How-am-I