*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523308-To-rant-or-not-Yes-I-have-an-opinion
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1201314
Who am I, Where am I Going, and Where have I been? The story of my life!
#523308 added July 23, 2007 at 10:22pm
Restrictions: None
To rant or not-Yes I have an opinion
July 23, 2007

I'm going to make a statement. Not that any of you asked or maybe even care.

I was trouncing around through Blogville today and it appears that in my absence over the last few days there has been some DRAMA. 

I could rant and rave and verbally assault people I suppose...but since I don't have a good grasp (and Ok...I don't really want one thanks) on what all the drama is about (I have an idea..and it kind of honks me off that good people are being hurt....it sucks..and you don't even want to get me started there!)


But I won't.....and I won't subject you to my version of a temper fit...those of you who have children deal with that enough..and if not..there are a few blog commentaries you can go read...sorry...my bad...many of you who have commented or blogged on the topic at all have been calm, nonjudgmental...or perhaps protective of yourself or the one you care about that's been hurt..or could be hurt...

This is all really none of my business...and while I have thoughts on the subject...truthfully I don't know what to think about the whole thing......but there are two things that y'all need to know about me.

1. I don't play games well. I'm not talking board games or video games (though I stink at those too...lol) I don't like drama...I have a preteen I have all the drama I need (can I have an AMEN please). I DO believe that one's blog is one's own and no one else has to go read or comment if they choose not too. I do believe that we, to a certain extent open ourselves up to someone else's issues when we blog about something that hits home and could get chewed a new one. But for the most part bloggers here seem to be fairly grown up and drama free. I don't like politics...again I'm not talking presidential races (though there are issues there we won't go into either) I'm talking teacher's pets and knocking someone down because you disagree or dishing dirt because to hurt someone because you can...when one is a member of any group those things can happen but there are directions and paths to be followed to resolve them. ( I know...#1 is more than 1 thing)

2. I am fiercely loyal to my friends and family, the underdog, those who are wronged by those in power. I believe that God calls those in power to be an example..and while I realize not eveyrone agrees with my Christianity...it's my blog and I can feel how I feel...as another writer..who is a much better word flinger than I said...you don't want to read what I have to say, don't come visit. I think it sucks that we are not all acting like grown ups. I guess I can risk saying all this because I'm a lowly black case whose not being shown off or mentioned anywhere..I'm simply me being me. I'm idealist and naive and fell in love with the friendship and support I found here...I hate that there are those who are having problems and are even THINKING about leaving.

For those who are playing games, using power and hurting others....use your creative talents to create something..not break down something or someone who doesn't need your input.

As I was perusing(did I spell that right?) the blogs, the comments and leaving my own comments...I came across an entry...a poem left by a very talented writer...and because it echo's so well how I feel about the whole situation..I wanted to share it here....



 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1290654 by Not Available.



Have a child to bathe...hope I didn't step on toes...but the truth is..those of you who are regular readers know I have a tendency to "share" my opinions without you asking...

Guess I did throw a bit of a fit...lol

blessings and peace
Vicky



© Copyright 2007 hoosiermomma2 (UN: hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
hoosiermomma2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523308-To-rant-or-not-Yes-I-have-an-opinion