*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523510-Grrrring-and-Yippeeeing-Go-Hand-in-Hand
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#523510 added July 24, 2007 at 5:47pm
Restrictions: None
Grrrring and Yippeeeing Go Hand in Hand
They do, you know. If I'm having a "grrrrr" or two during the day, if I'm open, I find there is at least one "yippeee!" too. *Smile* Maybe that's even more true as I get older and as I'm not as healthy as I once was. God knows how much I can take...and how much I can't.

My "grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" today:

The doctor's office - AGAIN. Actually, someone from the doc's office called yesterday before the office closed, but I didn't hear my cell phone. She said I should call this morning, so of course I did.

Nurse: If you insist, Dr. V says she'll run the liver function tests in two weeks. Your prescription is waiting at Kroger.

Me: Excuse me? Does my file show the message I tried to get to Dr. V yesterday?

Nurse: I'm not sure. What was the message?

Me: (Sighing 'cause I've been through this - first two years ago when the doc said she would note my file and obviously didn't and then yesterday.) My doctor in Michigan said that my liver function test results were SO BAD after just two weeks of taking that drug that he said, "Don't ever take this again."

Nurse: So you're refusing to take the script? That's certainly your choice, but the doctor just wants you to know what she recommends.

Me: Really? Is she recommending that after learning that my last doctor said to never, ever take that drug again?

Nurse: I'll make sure she knows that. And you're refusing to take the medication, right?

Me: Well, yes, I am, but please make sure the doc knows why. And ask her if she has any other suggestions.

Nurse: Well, her suggestion was that you start taking the medication and be tested in two weeks and then again in six weeks.

Me: If a doctor told you to never take a drug, would you take it?

Nurse: No, probably not.

Me: Me neither.

Yes, this IS the same doctor who refused to fill out my forms for the disability hearing. I really need to work on getting a new doctor.

***************

And the "yippees!". *Bigsmile*

*Star*First, I got a notice today that I can have four free movie screening tickets for the new movie Arctic Tale. The movie screening is on August 4, so Tiff will be with us that weekend. Should be fun. Of course, hubby will have to get up early on a Saturday. *Smile* The movie starts at 10 a.m., but there's no guarantee we'll get in. We're supposed to arrive early. My son figures we should be there around 8:30 to make sure we get in. That means leaving the house between 7:30 and 7:45 so we can drive to Newport, KY and get a parking place, take the slooooooooooooooooooow elevator (remember my experience with walking the three flights of stairs? - over a week to recuperate?) and be there early enough to really get in.

There are mixed reviews about this movie. One said that it's a mix between The March of the Penguins and Al Gore's movie (Inconvenient Truth?). It's sort of a documentary and sort of not. I think it sounds like a fun family adventure. (Hey, I'm a true Scotsman. I love free things! They're even better than cheap ones. *Laugh*)

FYI, the movie's web site says that there are still free screenings available. http://www.arctictalemovie.com

*Star*How about this. Did you know that there's a ministry that will send up to 30 pocket Gospels to you every month? FREE. (Yes, they will/do accept donations, but they're not required.) You can even choose which version/translation you want to give out and what cover you'd like on your pocket Gospels.

For years, I've purchased Bibles at garage sales and estate sales to have to give away. I like being able to share God's Word when someone is ready. This ministry allows you to give out the Gospels - a really easy way to introduce someone to Jesus.

Interested? I'll send you the link if you are. You can check out the site's statement of faith and other things to make sure it lines up with what you believe.

I've already ordered my 30 Gospels for the month. *Smile*


***************

Look out! I'm "grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring" again.

The doc's office just called - AGAIN. The doc said she would "let me" take half of the dosage of the prescription and test my liver function in two weeks. I really need to do some research on this tonight. This time, I insisted on getting the numbers for LDL and HDL.




© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523510-Grrrring-and-Yippeeeing-Go-Hand-in-Hand