*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523690-Sometimes-I-dont-much-like-this-place
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#523690 added July 25, 2007 at 7:30pm
Restrictions: None
Sometimes I don't much like this place
I have been here since September, 2001. I think I arrived the week before 9/11. In that time, I have seen people come and go. I have hurt when writers were hurt - by their fellow writers or the general public.

I particularly hurt when writers are hurt by those at a higher level, like the blue cases. Yes, I am a moderator myself. But I would never attack people like I know some mods have attacked writers. How do I know? Word gets out. People talk. Sometimes you can take what folks say with a grain of salt, I know. But sometimes, when the same stories are being circulated by persons who have not yet come in contact with one another, you know that the stories are real.

Besides, I have had my share of accusations, about both writings and pictures.

Sigh.

I really have been writing since I was a kid just old enough to write. I don't steal the writings of others. I don't have to!

And I have been taking pictures almost as long as I have been writing. I don't remember the first camera I used, but I do remember the one I got when I graduated from high school. It was a Kodak Magic-Cube. Are you old enough to remember those? You had to use a flash cube with an "X" at the top.

But can I prove that the pictures I have used in my portfolio or my blog are my own creation? No, probably not. There are some on my computer that the church secretary at my church scanned for me in 2000 and put on a disk. I immediately went home and transferred them from that disk to my computer.

When I worked for the newspaper in Texas, I also had some pictures put on a CD for me, by the guy we used to make copies of pictures for us when folks requested them. (We took good digital pictures for events, but had no way of making copies of them at the paper.) Again, I transferred those pictures from the CD to my computer. Could I prove that? No, probably not. Should I have to?????? ABSOLUTELY NOT! As anyone who reads my writings has to know, I am not a liar or a thief.

Well, enough of that. I'm sure some of you are wondering. I know this is rather cryptic, and I'm sorry.

Actually, after learning about something that happened here recently to a member of our community, I'm wondering if I want to even stay here and be a part of it all anymore.

This time, it wasn't about whether or not said writer had written something, but it was a bunch of blue case hoodlums attacking someone's integrity.

With my own personal (health) problems, I don't always see these things as they happen, but I have heard some things from a number of different sources - people whom I trust to be correct in their telling of the tale.

Frankly, I'm feeling badly for two reasons:

1) That I wasn't around to put my two cents worth in as the drama enfolded. Not that my input would have made any difference. But it would have made me feel better to know that I had defended the writer involved while this was happening.

2) I wonder what kind of moderator I really am if I cannot be here as often as I once was or offer help to as many as I once did.

Make that three reasons:

3) I am disappointed in my fellow blue cases, even though, to be honest, I don't know which ones participated in this event. That makes me wary of being close to any moderators, and I don't like that feeling.

Perhaps just sharing that much will get me in trouble. Perhaps questioning whether or not I want to be here will be enough for someone to decide that I should not. Stranger things have happened...

If my portfolio up and disappears one day and you haven't heard me say that I'm leaving, then remember that TexansBeatTheMiamiDolphinsBy3 has at least one of my other email addresses.


That reminds me...

Writers aren't always diligent about saving their writings. *Smile* Did you realize that if you go to "site tools" and choose "export portfolio" you can save all of your writings? I suggest if you have not saved everything already, that's a great tool for doing so.


Take a look at my hubby's comment to this blog entry. (You know,
Incurable Romantic .) He has a point...

And that reminded me of how our brother Paul used to end his letters:

"Peace to the brothers, and love with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love." Ephesians 6:23-24 NIV

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523690-Sometimes-I-dont-much-like-this-place