*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/524468-Shes-at-camp-thanks-for-the-prayers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1201314
Who am I, Where am I Going, and Where have I been? The story of my life!
#524468 added July 29, 2007 at 10:30pm
Restrictions: None
She's at camp-thanks for the prayers
July 29, 2007

What a Day! I'm wiped out. This morning started out normal enough for a Sunday morning.  Right up until we walked out the door. lol

Mike was putting gas in the tank out of the gas can...when he finished, he went to put a tool back in his box in the trunk and was hurrying because we were running behind...my fault, power went out yesterday morning and I forgot to reset the kitchen clock.....it was running about 10  minutes behind...oops...

Anyway, when he came up from being bent over...he cracked his head on the corner of the trunk...blood! Not deep enough for stitches but a good 2-3 inch long gash..surface only...has a good lump too...he went to church with an ice pack on his head and sat in the back hoping no one would notice much...lol..yeah right....

Then after church, we went to lunch and then headed out to take Cassy to camp. I feel much more positive and at ease...they were so friendly, we got a parent tour, we ordered a dvd to pick up when camp is over....She was a bit clingy..but not crying..just didn't want to let go...i think it would have been ok if it hadn't been such a big group around us..if it had been just in the cabin or something it would have been easier...she did go settle in with her group in the gym area before we left.

I'm hoping that this evening goes well....lol...considering it will be rather a shock to her that the bathrooms are not in her cabin and teh cabin is not airconditioned....at the 2 other camps she's done that's the way it's been...and considering that she's heard mommy talk about the fact that mommy doesn't camp...lol...well I know that she will have fun and it won't matter..but I'd kind of like to be a fly on the wall when she found out...lol..I KNOW>>probably better that I wasn't.

AFter we dropped Cassy off, we took Jamie to a park not far from the camp..maybe 20 minutes. It was small but we played for about an hour...when you still a VERY active 4 year old in the car for 2 hours one way...it's nice if you let them run off a little energy before you drive 2 hours back...lol

Aftewards we stopped at a drugstore, got a snack and drinks-he was quite insistent he wanted a BIG bottle of water...lol. I have to say I was hoping that after an hour at the park, a drink and a snack he'd fall asleep for most of the trip home...lol.....

We drove back the two hours...Jamie fell asleep about 20 minutes from home..figures doesn't it? Mike's been doing some packing and I've been emailing Cassy and cleaning up the kitchen and such. Jamie'e eating some cereal (cray day and we are just eating dinner..trying to get him into bed.

Tomorrow I need to do some more packing and cleaning around the kids. LOL...Friday night I go pick Cassy up...see her program and then buddy I'd hate to be her...Daddy has been into her room, found a mess and stuff shoved, found some dvd's not in cases and scratched up and she'd just better be glad she wasn't here tonight. LOL....he was HONKED...and I don't blame him. There are going to be some new rules around here.

Well...I need to get going...have to put short stuff to bed. I'll try to get around to everyone's blog either this evening or in the morning.

well, maybe not everyone's..but you know what I mean...lol

hugs and blessings
Vicky

© Copyright 2007 hoosiermomma2 (UN: hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
hoosiermomma2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/524468-Shes-at-camp-thanks-for-the-prayers