*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/526411-What-a-difference-in-people
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #912643
The storm clouds are piling high.
#526411 added August 7, 2007 at 12:41pm
Restrictions: None
What a difference in people
I have my hands and mind filled with Robert and his serious condition. Some people have been so helpful, unbelievably so. I haven't the words to thank Larry, who climbed up on the roof and patched spots that leak, or Jim, who started repairing my poor wrecked van, or Bob, Randy, Janelle, Ryan, Colby, and Shane, who worked so hard to disinfect the house, and Bob's buying the parts to fix the van. I know I'm forgetting random acts of kindness shown me by Jacque and others. I couldn't survive this latest crisis without the help and support I've gotten.

However, others think this is a good time to add to my woes. Even if they felt they had to "wham" me, they could have waited until I recovered from this latest traumatic experience with Robert. But, no, they can't do that. Well, maybe I provided them with some happiness if they enjoy stepping on a person already knocked down by life. Who knows. I do hope, though, that no one does the same to them. Perhaps they have already had others march over their hearts and minds. If so, I'm very sorry for them.

But the people who have helped, without being asked (it's very hard for me to ask for help), definitely provide a silver lining to this current storm-clouded sky.

I pray God's blessings on both groups of people. He shows mercy to me, with all my faults and foibles, and I should do no less.

© Copyright 2007 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/526411-What-a-difference-in-people