*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/531479-Grrrrr-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #912643
The storm clouds are piling high.
#531479 added August 29, 2007 at 7:08pm
Restrictions: None
Grrrrr ...
When the hospital admitted my husband six weeks ago, the staph infection (MRSA) was so bad the man was nearly dead. The doctors and staff at the regular hospital worked hard to keep him alive; the surgeon did his job but was afraid the infection was too far into the bone. Robert stayed in the regular hosptial over ten days with IV antibiotics every four hours.

Then they transferred him to a specialty hospital because he needed specialized wound care and IV antibiotics for four to six weeks. One of the places infection abcesses had to be removed, and the one where the infection was down to the bone, was in his left index finger. The specialty hospital doctor had the wound care people stop removing the dead stuff and packing the finger over two weeks ago. He stopped IVs over a week ago. Robert's finger is inflammed and the other incision area isn't healing.

The home health care nurse was not happy the first time she saw Robert's wounds and made an appointment at the wound clinic. She was there today when the doctor and wound-care nurse treated Robert. Yep, infection back, finger had to have surgery and will need more. Hopefully, he won't lose the finger. A wound vac will be put on the hole in the back of his leg. Special bandages are on his lower legs.

Angry? Yes, I am angry. We've been married for over forty-five years, and I don't want to lose him because a doctor got lazy or wanted to milk more money from Social Security. Ish!

Thank God we have an excellent home health care provider and nurse. Thank God for Donna, the nurse who is well versed in wound care and could tell immediately that Robert hadn't gotten the care needed and that infection was back, IF it were ever gone at all.

© Copyright 2007 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/531479-Grrrrr-