*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/531813-Blue-Month
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#531813 added August 31, 2007 at 8:39am
Restrictions: None
Blue Month
Well lookeee there. An entry for every day in August. Who woulda thunk?

The past couple of days have been tough. Or maybe it's been a week now.I'm not sure when it started... But, boy oh boy, am I tired. Chronic fatigue has hit with a vengence. No amount of sleep makes it better. I just feel like I need to sleep. Could too, any time - day or night. I'm not liking this very much. *Smile*

Maybe it's because of the high heat and humidity we've had for a month now. Maybe that's getting to me. Funny, huh? Since I used to live in TX and FL and went through this every year?

Seems that I may have gotten used to it NOT being so hot in the summer. But I HAVE NOT gotten used to it getting cold in the winter. I still hate winters. I still loathe snow. Oh, it's pretty to SEE - if you're inside in the warm looking out at the snow through a window.

*******

I heard from my son last night. He was in a bit of a panic. Said he probably needs me to wire some money to him for motel for the rest of his stay.

Seems Allison's mom is still mad at him for breaking up with Allison. Derek and Allison HAVE stayed friends. Talk every day. And were planning this week to be a time to discover or rediscover what they still mean to each other. I guess instead of letting them do that, instead of letting them walk down memory lane and ponder different future possibilities, the mom is just being ugly.

Hopefully they've worked some things out, 'cause he was going to call back and tell me how much money he needed to borrow. But he never did. Guess I'll check with him later in the day to make sure everything has been smoothed over.

Why do parents stick their noses where they don't belong? I hate to say it, but the mom's attitude might just make Derek think that a future with Allison would not be a wise decision. After all 1) the mom is a bit of a pain 2) Allison likes living in Memphis - near her mom and 3) women often end up like their mothers - even when they think it will be otherwise. Or when they try to make sure that doesn't happen.

Just ask me and my two sisters. We each have a bit of Mom in us - and not always the best parts. *Laugh*

In the time since Allison went back to Memhis, I think Derek has grown and Allison has not. I think she will, once she's situated in Spain - away from her mom and her old stomping grounds. She'll be forced to grow and mature a bit. A year in another country should be a growing experience.

Oh well. This mom tries not to meddle. I'm just here. For Derek and for Allison too. If they want to talk, to vent, to cry.

Still...when Derek's computer wasn't working and he was researching which one to buy to replace it, he had to use my computer. The computer he used when he was 13-18. The computer that has lots of pictures of Allison on it from that same time when she was 11-16. He remembered how cute and perky she was. How much fun she was.

I wonder where that girl went? I think Derek was wondering the same thing. And hoping she was hiding somewhere...

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/531813-Blue-Month