*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/533784-Two-Great-Men-Died-This-Week
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#533784 added September 8, 2007 at 3:04pm
Restrictions: None
Two Great Men Died This Week
Luciano Pavarotti
Born October 12, 1935 ~ Died September 6, 2007

Dr. D. James Kennedy
Born November 3, 1930 ~ Died September 5, 2007

I am not going to try to give a biography of each man. There will be plenty who will do that. One only has to do a Google search to discover what all the major news agencies are saying about the two men.

Luciano Pavarotti
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/ny-etpava0907-timeline,0,5917019.s...

Dr. D. James Kennedy
http://65.240.226.104:8080/life.aspx

No, my intention is to offer each man an apology.

I loved listening to Pavarotti's voice. But, alas, I did not buy his CD's nor even keep track of hiim. I didn't know his age or that his last major concert was in February, 2006. I realize that the few cents he would have made on any purchses I made would not have made a bit of difference in this man's life or lifestyle. Having an email or letter from me probably would not have made his day any brighter, if he even got to read his "fan mail." Still, I would feel better if I had told him what a wonderful gift God had given him.

When I lived in Florida, I listened to Dr. Kennedy regularly. Even after I moved to Texas, I tried to catch his TV ministry at least once in a while. I got some free information from his ministry about how to explain what the Bible said about Creation to a non-believer. But, again, I never did buy any of his books or contribute to his ministry. I would feel better if I had. I also did not realize that the last time he preached at his church in Coral Ridge was on Christmas Eve, 2006.

Oh, I realize that there will be more recordings of Pavarotti that I can purchase. And I have heard that Dr. Kennedy's sermons will continue to be broadcast by the Coral Ridge Ministries. Still, it might have been nice if I had shown some appreciation while these great men were alive.

And that is the message, not only about famous people, but about our own friends and family. We never know how long anyone will be with us in this earthly home.

Shouldn't we be showing our loved ones that we love them? Have you hugged your family members today? Or offered affirmations? One day it may be too late.



Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 NIV

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/533784-Two-Great-Men-Died-This-Week