*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534992-September-13-2007-Software-Review-of-Writers-Blocks
by Sharon
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1267252
Informative topics, reviews and my personal reflections.
#534992 added September 13, 2007 at 9:45pm
Restrictions: None
September 13, 2007-Software Review of Writer's Blocks
The following is my review of the trial version I downloaded of Writer's Blocks writing software. I found it difficult to work with. Their concept is to use blocks for each thought and then you can arrange the blocks in the order you want them and transfer them to your manuscript page. The problem I had was that the blocks became too cumbersome and my thoughts were so long that it wasn't easy to organize them.

Once I organized them and transferred them to the manuscript page, which puts them in sentence order, the screen for the manuscript page was too narrow so you had to scroll over each time you wanted to finish a sentence. I just found it to difficult to work with, but that doesn't mean that someone else might find it helpful.

The cost for the software is shown as $149, but once you load the 15-day trial version, they send you an e-mail offering $50 off if you purchase within 10 days. Not a bad price, but I didn't feel it would work for me. I sent them an e-mail that I didn't want it and asked how to take it off my computer. I never heard back from them, but I went to "Add/Remove Programs" in the Control Panel and deleted the program without a problem.

© Copyright 2007 Sharon (UN: sharlea2348 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sharon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534992-September-13-2007-Software-Review-of-Writers-Blocks