*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536401-Lewis-Carroll
by TAofR
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1312019
Because I was born and raised on the moon
#536401 added September 20, 2007 at 1:08am
Restrictions: None
Lewis Carroll


Ok, this was a long time coming.

A few days ago, I bought a HUGE MASSIVE book, containing all of Mr. Carrolls Work. Awesome stuff I might say. I started reading "Sylvie and Bruno" which, although quiet different then "Alice in Wonderland" Its just as charming and enchanting. The man was a genius overall really--talented in math(ew) and many other areas.

But I love how he played with words with images. I mean really...the man was a master in that sense.

I read the preface he wrote for both novels as well. He seemed to be such a daydreamer too--which, come on...thats awesome.

Ok...so....there are a lot of myths surrounding him. First, the one that is talked about the most---

WHAT WAS HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH ALICE LIDDEL?

Alice LIddel was the inspiration for Alice in Wonderland...but according to all the letters he sent to her, and her parents, and vice versa, he just liked hanging out with her. Nothing inappropriate. WHY they split no one knows. Maybe something DID happen...after all, he did tear out a lot of pages from his diary.

Yea, ok, he had an obsession with little girls, and women in general. Cause he did have adult friends...he was very... possessive and jealous of them, according to some of the letters recently exposed.

There is two parts of this story

A) He could have been a sexual deviant, but never acted towards his fantasies. OR

B) he was totally innocent, and still a child at heart.

I think its a mix of the two...if that can happen.

Point is...we will never REALLY know the truth....cause he's dead.

Lewis Carroll was a name he fashioned for himself, and, he created his own legend.

Sort of like how Aria Svetlana Markovitch...is a legend in training. Cause its not my name....no...Aria is something...so much more....

But thats a story for a different time....

© Copyright 2007 TAofR (UN: chswriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TAofR has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536401-Lewis-Carroll