*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536471-Aria-Svetlana-Markovitch
by TAofR
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1312019
Because I was born and raised on the moon
#536471 added September 20, 2007 at 12:43pm
Restrictions: None
Aria Svetlana Markovitch
This is somewhat related to the blog below.


Anyways....what does my name mean? Aria Svetlana Markovitch? Well I shall tell you.

Aria means "Beautiful solo". I chose this name because I consider all of my writings and drawings to be beautiful pieces--even if they do have SOME flaws. They have their own...melody, their own music.

Svetlana means "Shining Star" in Russian. I got it from a letter, written by a WWII Russian soldier to his lover, Svetlana. I want to shine...I want my writings to inspire, to make people think. Thats my dream. Same with my drawings, but my writings come first.

Markovitch. This last name was borrowed from a short story by Anton Chekov--the uncle in the story, was really great. So worried about what society would think of his good for nothing nephew...and he wants to punish him...but he can't find it in his heart to do so. This name sort of represents...a compromise I suppose...in what I want and what I might not get.

Yea...so anyways, I'm still sleepy. The sandman hasn't been that kind to me lately dammit....weird nightmares and such. Honestly....you make a remark about his apperance and he goes all crazy on you...jeez...

© Copyright 2007 TAofR (UN: chswriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TAofR has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536471-Aria-Svetlana-Markovitch