*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536576-Trying-to-catch-up
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #912643
The storm clouds are piling high.
#536576 added September 20, 2007 at 10:43pm
Restrictions: None
Trying to catch up
Where do I start?

Robert's wounds were healing, and he was doing better every day. A week ago this past Monday, September 10, I had a major migraine. When it had eased enough, finally, that I could sleep, he decided to help by cooking dinner. He came to the bedroom and woke me. "I need some help. I spilled oil grease on me."

Yes, he had. He tried to move the skillet he had used to fix the tortillas, and it stuck and spilled the hot oil on his left knee and top of his left foot.

The home health nurse came to the house and dressed the burns. Two days later, I took him to the wound center, and the doctor cleaned off all the dead and yucky skin. They dressed the burns. The doctor said the burns were bad 2nd degree, nearly 3rd degree. Every day, the nuse dressed the wounds at the house.

Yesterday, the wound center doctor made arrangements for Robert to be admitted to the hospital for surgery on the burns. This afternoon, the surgeon talked to me after he finished. The burn on his knee should heal all right, may leave scars, but it will heal. The foot is another story. The doctor put a bio-dermus on it, but he said he wasn't very optomistic. We're to take Robert to the surgeon's office in a week, and the bandages are not to be removed until then. Then the doctor told me that if the wound isn't healing, a skin graft may be necessary, but he's not even sure if that will work. He didn't say what would happen if neither option did the job. I'm afraid the next step would be amputation.

We need some hope, some glimpse of a silver lining, a rainbow, not only severe storms that buffet us.

Oh, Lord, where are you?

© Copyright 2007 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536576-Trying-to-catch-up