*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/540500-Next-Year
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #1311596
Something slightly loftier, pointed and hopefuly witty.
#540500 added October 8, 2007 at 11:54pm
Restrictions: None
Next Year
A common phrase used among Cubbie fans. Maybe next year. I have been saying that since I was able to talk and deflecting the Cub insults and jokes that go along with being a Cubs fan.
I was giving this some careful thought over the past few mournful days and asked myself what would Cubs fans have if they actually won the World Series? Aside from one hell of a city-wide celebration, there would no longer be the "curse" to over-come and the jokes would end. The anticipation of going to the World Series would no longer be a factor. What fun would that be? There is a certain comfort in knowing they won't make it mixed with the excitement of hoping they go all the way the following year. Cubs fans want nothing more then to say I lived to see the Cubs in the world series. Shirts could be made; like the "I survived" series of shirts you might see after ridding a scary roller-coaster, or surviving a memorable earthquake. A Cubs victory would be that monumental. Right up there with the Son of God returning to take us to paradise. Cubs fans and religion have allot in common. Both take a great deal of faith. So, thank you Cubs for another exciting year of disappointment and the ability to still be able to say...
Maybe next year.

© Copyright 2007 C. Anthony (UN: reconguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C. Anthony has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/540500-Next-Year