*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/541366-Snapping
by TAofR
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1312019
Because I was born and raised on the moon
#541366 added October 13, 2007 at 12:55am
Restrictions: None
Snapping
Humans aren't as civilized as we would like to think.

I think we are...somewhat "tame". But we still have that wildness...that...those instinct that can cloud our minds. Did you know that the emotional brain developed before the rational? Maybe thats why sometimes, it can easily throw logic out the window.

I was thinking today...War is an example how how...we can be just as cruel, probably even MORE so then ANY animal in the world. WWII...the holocaust...how the Japanese treated the Chinesse...how the German armies terrorized Russian civilians...how they "labeled" people, how they tried to be superior by putting others down. Is THAT civilized? Is that the thinking of well developed minds?

And come on now...we've all thougt, no matter HOW small the item or whatever "If I can take/get/do/ this and there be no consequnces, and if nobody got hurt...I would do it..."

So what would happen if, lets say...there WHERE no consequences...would the feelings of desire overwhelm the guilt of hurting someone?

Why is it when people go to War, they do things they wouldn't normally do? Not just the shooting enemies that I can understand. But raping, and killing innocents, torturing people. Does the fact that authority is so loose, that you let go? That you grow SO accustomed to everything there, that you really don't care? I mean...oh man...I can't EVER imagine doing any harm to anyone....even an enemy...maybe I haven't been pushed enough I don't know...

But honestly...what does it take to snap?

WHA?

© Copyright 2007 TAofR (UN: chswriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TAofR has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/541366-Snapping