*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/542637
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Drama · #1228180
Its a good idea, now let's see if I can pull it off.......
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#542637 added November 11, 2012 at 2:37am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 3
Chapter 3


    The boys exited the elevator in the parking garage a few short moments later. 

    “Dude, your car is lame, and Kari never likes riding in it anyway, she’s always afraid it’s gonna break down.  We should take mine.”  Timo hit the button on his remote, and a few spots over a blue Volkswagon Bug chirped. 

    “You got gas?  Somehow, I always wind up paying for your tank to get filled,”  Mike replied with a wry look.

    “Funny how that always works out, isn’t it?”  Timo grinned.  “If I didn’t know better, I’d think you planned it that way….”

    With a laugh, Mike got in the passenger side.  “I'm sick of driving, you drive.  I can’t take any more road rage today.”

    "Yeah, I kinda got the impression that you had a rough day when you came in."  Timo started the car, which, miraculously, still had a quarter tank of gas.

    "Yeah.  Every day that goes by, I hate that job more and more.  I dunno...I just feel like I was made for more than just sitting in a cubicle waiting for my life to end."

    "I hear ya."  Timo had backed the car out of the spot and navigated down the ramp to the gate.  In short order the boys were on their way to pick up Kari and Jenna.

    "So if you could do anything you wanted, what would you do?"  Timo fiddled with the radio, then gave up and turned it off.

    "I don't know.  As long as I can remember, I always wanted to write, but never really pursued it.  I even published a few things when I was a kid but never had the time to devote to seriously doing anything.  Something else always came up.  School, college, work....there was always something ......."  Mike trailed off.  "It was almost like the world didn't want me to be a writer."  Mike laughed sheepishly.  "Stupid, right?"

    Timo laughed with him, "Nah man, it was, like, destiny.  I get it."

    "Yeah," Mike replied with a far away look on his face, "it was destiny."

© Copyright 2012 lorilady (UN: lorilady at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lorilady has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/542637