*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/544654
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1336923
Magdalena and Ryan are assigned as each other's penpals. A story told through e-mails.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#544654 added October 26, 2007 at 12:05pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2
From: magda_piccute@gmail.com
To: eduardo_moretti@hotmail.com
Subject: Italian homework

Dad! I desperately need my Italian homework! I saved a copy of it in your PC – go to the folder in “My Documents” titled Magdalena. There’s a file there named “Italian hw”. PLEASE, you have to send it to me as an attachment so that I can print it and turn it in!

(I’m currently at the one of the school computers, for your information.)

---

From: eduardo_moretti@hotmail.com
To: magda_piccute@gmail.com
Subject: RE: Italian homework
Attachment: Italian_hw.doc

Try to be more responsible next time, figlia de mi corazion, okay? Here it is, though.

---

From: ryry5567@yahoo.com
To: magda_piccute@gmail.com
Subject: Eric and his mystery girl

Dear Magdalena,

Well, another school day has just passed and poor Eric was in panic. Literally. The girl kept following him everywhere we went. She even went to a Science Club meeting just because of him.

Oh and you will never guess what else she did either. She asked to switch classes – she’s now in our class! Meaning: I already know her name (as do Chris, Devon and Eric). Her name is Natasha and she spends her time in classes just staring at him, sometimes with a slight smile and a dreamy expression (and that, let me tell you, is most disturbing).

But anyway… My Dad told me that he was trying to snatch some guy from Livorno for his company. Apparently, he’s very good at what he does and he would be a great addition to the team. I have no idea who that guy is.

In case you’re wondering, my Dad owns a publicity company. Huh, I suppose I’m meeting someone from Livorno then – maybe that guy will say your name to me. Magdalena. (It really does sound exotic, you know?)

Back on topic – Chris finally got a girl through skating. Apparently, he’s been ‘working on her’ for three weeks already – he must really like her. Her name’s Sarah and she’s a year younger than us. Chris seems really happy, though (and smug, too), so I suppose their relationship will last. At least that’s what we hope.

We have a concert tomorrow night – a concert on a Tuesday, where have you ever seen that? – and Devon is already making his usual jokes. He’s mostly making fun of Chloe, his cousin who plays the tuba.

Also – and you’ll never believe this – something really stupid happened today at rehearsal. There was this kid, who only recently got in the band, and he plays the tenor saxophone. He had the music lessons, etc, and then he got his instrument. So he went to the rehearsal – but just for watching, of course, because we were busy rehearsing for tomorrow night.

He was supposed to just sit there and watch right? But NO. He got out his saxophone and in the middle of the song (which was going perfectly, might I add) he starts playing the saxophone, but horribly so! So the sound was so grave and ugh! Seriously, he ruined everything. He was just making little sounds, but very audible ones.

So the maestro told him to shut up because we were rehearsing and he said “okay, I will”. You would think the problem would have ended here, right? No. Towards the end of the song, the kid pulls out his saxophone again and starts doing those horrible sounds! I think the maestro was ready to kill him – really.

Sometimes in band rehearsals there are this kind of episodes – we’re really nice people though; I swear.
Well I have to go – sleep time.

Ryan

---

From: marsha_mancini_23@yahoo.com
To: magda_piccute@gmail.com
Subject: Band

Hey, I was thinking about joining the band – I’ve got my mom’s flute and everything. She even taught me how to play. Do you think I should do it?

---

From: magda_piccute@gmail.com
To: marsha_mancini_23@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: Band

Yep. Aww Marsha, you and I at the band together? We’ll only need Leonor to join then.

---

From: julian_it@hotmail.com
To: magda_piccute@gmail.com
Subject: Marsha :O

Is Marsha really joining the band? :O

---

From: magda_piccute@gmail.com
To: julian_it@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Marsha :O

She’s thinking about it – it’s nothing very concrete yet, though.

---

From: julian_it@hotmail.com
To: magda_piccute@gmail.com
Subject: RE: RE: Marsha :O

Ah. It would be great if she did, though.

---


From: natasha_loves_eric@yahoo.com
To: ericxgeek@yahoo.com
Subject: I LOVE YOU

Love,

I honestly don’t know what’s got you so scared.

Is it the fact that I feel the need to follow you at every moment I have available?
Is it because I felt the need to switch classes just to be near you?
Silly boy, when will you understand that I love you? I really do.
There’s no other for me – only you.
I want to hold you every time I hear your voice
I want to kiss you every time you sigh
Tell me – do you love yourself?
Don’t you feel the need to be with somebody else?
I could be that somebody
Trust me, I could
If only you understood
That I love you – and it’s good

I may not be the greatest poet in the world, but I only want to proclaim my love for you. I love you, from head to toe. I love the way your hair falls over your glasses, and the way you laugh relaxed at something one of your friends say.

I love the way your shirt is baggy and untucked and the way you hold a book – careful but relaxed.

I love how you are a geek but still have time to your friends. I love how you shy away from girls.

I love everything about you.

Will you please give me a chance?

-Natasha

---

From: Natasha_loves_eric@yahoo.com
To: ellieformosa@gmail.com
Subject: I did it!!

I did it! I sent him an e-mail confessing my love! Oh Elle, I’m so excited! ^^ Do you think he’ll finally believe me? You know how much work I’ve been having with him and NOW… Cross your fingers and hope for the best!

Yours,
Natasha

---

From: magda_piccute@gmail.com
To: ryry5567@yahoo.com
Subject: Band rehearsals

Oh, I know exactly what you’re talking about! It’s frustrating, when we’re playing these really good paso dobles and stupid kids with their newly acquired instrument try to play.

More than that, I hate those little stupid kids who think they’re better than everyone else. For example, this 11-year-old girl used to play the flute and now she decided to switch to clarinet (a stupidity if you ask me, since there is a SEA of clarinets in our band. Seriously, they outnumber all of the other musicians). However, she’s still stuck learning musical theory. Since our band teacher is a busy man, I volunteered to teach musical theory to the new people and who did I have to teach? The flute/clarinet girl.

So she failed hundreds of times in saying the chromatic scale so I freaked out with her and told her to repeat it and everything. So she got all upset and asked me “can I have lessons with Mr. Mancini?” (he’s Marsha’s father) and she started packing her things. So she got up with her things but I said “no” and she stopped in her track and looked at me before sitting down again.

“If Mr. Mancini told you to have lessons with me,” I said, “then you will have them – until the end. Okay?” So she just nodded, but not before looking at her friend (who was watching from the door) angrily and glaring at my back when I turned around.

Ugh. Kids.

It’s not that I don’t like kids – on the contraire, because I love them, really – but I hate kids like that, who think that they’re better than everyone else and that just…GIVE UP once something goes wrong.

And about your father’s company thing – I wonder who it is. Seriously. My dad works in a publicity company – maybe he knows who it is. I’ll have to ask him if he knows anything.
Oh and good luck for the concert!

(And I do realize this e-mail was mainly about me and nothing about you, so I apologize.)

Anyway, I have to go. Update me on the Eric situation please? XD

Magdalena

---

From: elliot.jefferson@trustuscompany.com
To: ryry5567@yahoo.com
Subject: What??

Since I won’t see you until tomorrow the least, and I know your mom won’t be as harsh as me, care to tell me what happened and why the principal just gave me a call?

Dad

---

From: ryry5567@yahoo.com
To: elliot.jefferson@trustuscompany.com
Subject: RE: What??

Well, he called you and you, I presume, answered. I suppose you know then?

Ryan

---

From: elliot.jefferson@trustuscompany.com
To: ryry5567@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: RE: What??

Don’t play smart with me – you know what I’m talking about and I demand an explanation. Why did you have to punch that guy? Especially since he is the son of the mayor? Why? Was it—Gods son, was it a girl?

Dad

---

From: ryry5567@yahoo.com
To: elliot.jefferson@trustuscompany.com
Subject: Yes,

It was a girl.

Ryan

---

From: elliot.jefferson@trustuscompany.com
To: ryry5567@yahoo.com
Subject: Not a good enough…

…explanation. You’ll have to try harder than that.

Seriously – because of a girl? Look, you had better have a good enough explanation for me tomorrow when I get back, or else you’ll find yourself grounded. Yes, like little kids. Now pull yourself together and ask the girl out – it can’t be that hard, can it?

---

From: ryry5567@yahoo.com
To: elliot.jefferson@trustuscompany.com
Subject: It can’t be that hard, can it?

Actually…it can.

Ryan

---

From: elliot.jefferson@trustuscompany.com
To: ryry5567@yahoo.com
Subject: Care to…

…elaborate? Come on – you know you can!

Dad

---

From: ryry5567@yahoo.com
To: elliot.jefferson@trustuscompany.com
Subject: Well, you see…

…the reason I can’t just ask her out is because SHE STARTED DATING THE MAYOR’S SON right after the fight! See? It is complicated! I’ve been mooning over her for WEEKS and when I finally had the chance, he just has to get between us, with his blonde hair and white teeth. Argh. He just…irritated me so much!

Why am I even telling you this, anyway?

Ryan

---

From: elliot.jefferon@trustuscompany.com
To: ryry5567@yahoo.com
Subject: Maybe because…

…I’m your dad?

Look son, everything will work out – you’ll see. And she’ll know she made a huge mistake when she preferred him over you. You’ll see.

Just give it time.

---

From: chrisss378@hotmail.com
To: ryry5567@yahoo.com
Subject: No way!

I can’t believe you were suspended for two days just for a little fight! There are numerous people smoking and drugging themselves around the school and the teachers know and have caught them several times, yet they do nothing, and with you they SUSPEND YOU FOR TWO DAYS?!

Dude, I wish you’d had more luck. We’ll be there for you – I promise.

Chris

---

From: ericxgeek@yahoo.com
To: ryry5567@yahoo.com
Subject: I’m sorry…

I’m really sorry about what happened. I have no idea how they could…I mean…it doesn’t make any sense! Look, I’ll…I mean, we…we will bring you the homework everyday! I swear!

Anyway – Michelle Reynolds? Even I have better taste than that! By the way, that Natasha girl e-mailed me – I’m freaked out now; for real!

Eric

---

From: devil_xxx666@hotmail.com
To: ryry5567@yahoo.com
Subject: *gasp*

Dude, I know I’m the clown in the group and everything, but just this once, I can’t say a stupid joke about this. I’m feeling so sorry for you right now. But hey, calm down – it’s just two days. And just think: you can finally finish that homework you needed to finish urgently, remember? Since you’re suspended and everything.

And by the way, that girl, Michelle, she didn’t deserve you man. If she did, why would she go out with that stupid bimbo the next minute? Nah, don’t moon over her anymore. You’re better off without her.

Devon

---

From: ryry5567@gmail.com
To: ericxgeek@gmail.com,chrisss378@hotmail.com, devil_xxx666@hotmail.com
Subject: Please just

LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE! I swear, I’m calm about it and everything – just leave me alone for a while please.

Oh and Eric – please, act like a man and take it. You know you can do it.

Ryan
© Copyright 2007 katrin4p (UN: katrin4p at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
katrin4p has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/544654