*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/546459-A-QUICK-INTRODUCTION
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Arts · #1342512
A unique handbook of the greatest hobby in existence: Frame bombs, the one-material craft.
#546459 added November 3, 2007 at 3:46pm
Restrictions: None
A QUICK INTRODUCTION
So, young novice, you have decided. You have made what could be the most important decision of your life. Brave adventurer, you elected to embark on a voyage to learn the powerful arts of frame bombs. If you be stiff of resolve and fleet of finger, ready to explore, prepare to hear of the wondrous force of frame bombs. You shall soon have the capability to smite your enemies and become “Milord!” instead of “Scamp!”

What You Need to Know about Frame bombs

> Frame bombs are structures made from craft sticks that are held together by tension and pressure from other sticks woven into the same structure—no glue!
> They explode or come apart when they hit stuff!
> There are lots of cool different kinds. The more you know the more you can do with them. The more Popsicle sticks you have the bigger the structures you can make.
> You can build practically anything with enough sticks and nothing else but a little engineering.
Some Definitions

These terms are illustrated on page 3.
> A single Popsicle stick sticking out of a form is known as a prong, but an angle is a point.
> The space between the inner boundaries of a point is called a gap.
> A tension configuration is an arrangement of sticks that will remain a self-sufficient unit in a unique way. If a stick could be taken out of the unit without it exploding, it is not a new tension configuration.
> The open end of an uncompleted frame bomb is the part opposite a point where a stick needs to go to hold the bomb together.

How This Book Works
> The basics of what you need to know about each form appear on its respective page. A picture of the unit’s namesake is shown in blue as well.
> All instructions are written as if in a two dimensional plane in regards to words like ‘above’ and ‘below.’ However, ‘over’ and ‘under’ are actually meant in a three dimensional sense, especially for weaving.
 If you are stuck you can always look at the tips section in the back.
> If you feel a little nervous, turn to page 24 and the Finger Rating section to determine an easy form for starting with.
© Copyright 2007 joe conflo (UN: joe_conflo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
joe conflo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/546459-A-QUICK-INTRODUCTION