*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/552868-Mexico
by TAofR
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1312019
Because I was born and raised on the moon
#552868 added December 2, 2007 at 2:23am
Restrictions: None
Mexico
That’s where I'll be in 2 weeks. Its so...weird.

I've been there...3 times since my family moved to the USA. I was 1.5 when I left. 5 when I went back to visit. And 15 when I went...5 years ago. And now I'm 20.

We aren't going for a "vacation". Vacation means relaxing, resting. We are going to visit family. I love my family there, really I do.

Its just….awkward. HOW do you relate to people you only see every few years? My cousins are great, and took us everywhere last time. We could be out until 3am in Mexico, cause my mothers family lives in small community. Though it was creepy every time someone came up to me and said "Oh, I remember you as a child! you where so precious!"

I love my grandfather very much. He's very sweet and kind, and loving. He was a great father to my mom and uncles. He's the only grandparent left alive, I'm sorry to say. The family I have where he lives is amazing. Very loving, united, warm, inviting. They make us feel right at home. Its like visiting a different world.

Another big thing, is that, while I can speak, write, and read Spanish fluently, I am far more used to speaking, writing, and reading English. So, speaking Spanish for more then an hour, is really weird for me, and I have to work hard not to speak in spanglish.


Also, we will be meeting about..30 new family members. Honestly, for my fathers side, we calculated that if there would be a family reunion, there be at least 300 people. I'm not good at meeting new family members. I'm not. I want to. I want to be close to family, but for some reason, or another, its something I struggle with. I guess its because, its hard trying to really connect with people that I see infrequently. Because, we lose contact(well no my mom calls them once a week) but when she calls, usually I'm working, or writing, and there is simply not enough time to pass around everyone in the family to talk to. And they don't really have computers. Cyber Cafe, but no computers of their own. And usually, they themselves are way too busy to visit those.

I'll also be spending some time with a sister of my father. I like her. She's good. So is her husband and 4 of her kids. But the youngest? The most SPOILED little girl ever. Once, she came to visit, and asked me to give her one of my teddy bears. Now, this was a present from my boyfriend. So of course I said no. So, she tells me "But I want it. If I don't get it, I'll cry. Mama says no one can make me cry. I'm special"....

....um ok....don't care. You're not. You're just spoiled, and your parents are treating you like a grandchild rather then a daughter. Cause their eldest children, are 30-32. 2 boys. This girl is 8 now. They where really strict with the first 4, but with this one...man. I mean, honestly. A little spanking wouldn't hurt. She should learn that mommy and daddy won't always be there.

It'll be hectic...and admit, I'm already pretty sad that I won't get to see my boyfriend for 3 weeks. Not even hear his voice, or talk to him nightly as I'm used to. Heh I already miss him...and I'm very, very close to him....I can tell him anything. So...not seeing him, for that long...it does already sting.

....Well, I'll just have to bring one of the teddy bears he gave me for company....

© Copyright 2007 TAofR (UN: chswriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TAofR has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/552868-Mexico