*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/554659-I-really-hadnt-planned-on-visiting-til-tomorrow
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1201314
Who am I, Where am I Going, and Where have I been? The story of my life!
#554659 added December 11, 2007 at 3:48pm
Restrictions: None
I really hadn't planned on visiting til tomorrow
Dec 11, 2007

But I need to release some frustration and I know y'all will just let me.

Jamie's getting sick again.  It's not major-but it's been going on and off for about a month.  He woke up again this morning complaining of his legs hurting, coughing, stuffy, eye running...nothing new...as I said he's done this on and off for the last month. But when he came home from school he looked a bit pale and under his eyes was a bit puffy...so I called the dr's office. The nurse tried to convince me to not bring him in...while letting me know they'd be happy to see him.  I knew going in they were going to probably say it was viral, and therefor a waste of my time even going.  But because it's been going on and off for so long I decided I should grab the bulls by the horn...after all...this is how it all starts..we have viral crap, he ends up with a sinus infection and we fight to get rid of it all winter long.  Every year they blow me off, until he ends up with a sinus infection-though honestly I do realize there is nothing they can do...its' in the attitude I get from them.  I could have taken him to the allergist...who might have been a bit more proactive.....but it's further and I'm less happy with him at the moment over the way things have been handled (or not handled) with Cassy's allergies. I'm ready to chuck both dr's and start over-especially since Riley's testing (children's hospital)shows nothing...so if he's not immunodeficient and he's not got any allergies then why in the heck is he sick all the time?

I'm tired and frustrated and I can see it coming but can do nothing to stop it...I just hope it holds off long enough to get me through finals and his birthday and that either he waits to really get sick until after Christmas or does it next week so it's over before Christmas...I know that's not a good attitude..but it's where I am right now.  To me, it's inevitable that what has happened in the previous three years will continue on.

On another note, Jamie is also being monitered, tested, observed..whatever you want to call it...for ADHD etc...his last parent teacher conference was not so good. He's impulsive, overly emotional and not gaining much ground academically-keeping in mind he is in preschool but kindergarten bound.  He doesn't socialize well-though he has a wonderful imagination-he just either expects everyone to play with him in his rules or plays on his own.  His energy level-which we handle pretty much at home and to me is a little boy with lots of energy-he is after all, only 4.  But he's immature and has some issues. I'm not convinced that he has ADHD or any other alphabetical issues but I'm willing to listen-He will not be medicated-regardless of whether they believe he has ADHD or not-not at this point-if, he has ADHD we will consider the necessity in the future-but I don't believe that meds like ritalin should be the first line of defense and they don't solve the problem. Educate me, help me put into place behavior modification and rewards and then if his attention span and energy level are getting in the way of his learning-then we'll talk.  I'm not convinced and felt a bit like yesterday was a waste of time..don't get me wrong, I went willingly...but while I can see enough tendencies to question it myself-I don't see enough to believe it for fact. Anyway...

I"m supposed to be studying for my algebra final. I'm so frustrated it almost seems moot.  I just want some answers....

We won't go into Cassy....lol...she's 11, hormonal and has an attitude..mostly not too bad but through in school frustrations and it can go over the top.

Well, I've put you all through enough..and I"m sorry to come back and whine. I do know how blessed I am-I recognize that God is large and in charge.  Just keep swimming.

hugs to you all
Vicky

© Copyright 2007 hoosiermomma2 (UN: hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
hoosiermomma2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/554659-I-really-hadnt-planned-on-visiting-til-tomorrow