*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/555693-Another-Source-for-Christian-Thoughts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #1241026
Thoughts on things from the news, TV, radio, and daily life that hit home with me.
#555693 added December 17, 2007 at 4:49pm
Restrictions: None
Another Source for Christian Thoughts
         For those Christians who would like to have some reinforcement and encouragement for our values, and others who would like to know more about a Christian’s thoughts about and approach to the events of daily life, below is one site you should definitely check out.
         Tony Michaels was a news director, sports director and morning radio personality on Cincinnati radio stations for almost two decades. The following is a quote from the introductory statement on his website. I could find no better words to say this than those: “Tony was one of the very few secular broadcast personalities who openly admitted his Christianity and was willing to express those viewpoints in his commentaries, when appropriate.” He had short 1 or 2 minute commentaries that aired a couple times each morning.
         When you first go to the site URL I have put below, you’ll see a split page. The side to which I am referring is on the left - his OMOs, or One Man’s Opinion pieces. Click the “enter” button at the bottom left of the page.
         On the resulting page, just above his photo, you will see “Listen To An OMO”. Turn your speakers on, and click on the MAGNET part of the speaker image - the square part of the speaker icon. LISTEN CAREFULLY so you don’t miss a word. To me, this is one of his best, and I’m glad to see he uses it as his example. Remember that he was given only a minute or so for each comment on the air.
         If you would like to read other OMOs, which I certainly encourage you to do, you have a number of choices. Simply scrolling down that page will allow you to read the most recent ones, in reverse order with the most recent one first.
         Or, if you look above his photo and the words “Listen To An OMO” and “Recent OMOs”, you will see six black squares. Point your cursor at any of the squares and you’ll see a short description of what OMOs are contained in the group that square represents.
         Enjoy as many as you like. And feel free to let both Tony and myself know what you think of them. I think you’ll see for yourself that he isn’t afraid to be known as a Christian, and that he’s not afraid to say what needs to be said. I’ve found that many of them, even on that very first page, are just as applicable today as they were when he did them on the air in 2002. You’ll find plenty to read; remember, he was doing these opinions for a decade.
         I’ve never met him in person, at least not yet. It’s something I would certainly consider an honor. I just want others to know the person he is, and the solid, Christian values he tries to pass on to others in this day and age when those values are needed even more than ever before.
         God bless you, Tony Michaels. I hope you are back on the air locally soon, and with us for many years to come. Your voice is just what we need at this time in our world.


http://www.tonymichaels.com


© Copyright 2007 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/555693-Another-Source-for-Christian-Thoughts