*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/557556-Dancing-in-the-Rain
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#557556 added December 28, 2007 at 3:13pm
Restrictions: None
Dancing in the Rain
It's that time of year when everyone starts thinking about what happened in the current year and what he/she would like for the year to come.

As I pondered this, as I sat at my computer with my usual aches and pains plus my ears feeling as if they were frostbitten and my stomach burning and churning, I wondered what the new year would bring for me.

I discovered this quote by Patty Perricone, and decided that it would be great one as a focus for the new year.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.. It's about learning to dance in the rain. ~ Patty Perricone


Learning to dance in the rain. I like that.

My dancing in the rain will actually be learning to be joyful in spite of the pain. Sometimes I do that, but I want to be better at it. That is my prayer. Although I would certainly prefer being rid of the pains all together and would rejoice at having new energy and not being tired all the time, if that is not to be, then I want to face these challenges with a new attitude.

As always, God's word will help in that regard.

Psalms 51:10 KJV Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.


Will you join me in discovering how to dance in the rain this coming year?

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/557556-Dancing-in-the-Rain