*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/558157-Good-Evening
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #1311596
Something slightly loftier, pointed and hopefuly witty.
#558157 added January 1, 2008 at 12:41pm
Restrictions: None
Good Evening
This is my idea of a good way to spend the evening, I said to the only other pathetic old man to visit my third place. It’s New Year’s Eve in Phoenix and I have no parties to attend, no large mass of crowds pushing their way down the city square to deal with. It’s just me and my thoughts, away from the craziness that will no doubt accompany the night as 2008 rolls across the country to hover over Phoenix for another year.
I have never been a huge fan of large gatherings or rowdy people. This is not to say I don’t enjoy mingling with society, as long as it’s from a safe distance. I have read that most writers are best left with their thoughts in solitary refuse and if that’s the case, I believe I fit the profile, and yes, this is my idea of a good way to spend the evening.

Happy New Year 
   

© Copyright 2008 C. Anthony (UN: reconguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C. Anthony has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/558157-Good-Evening