*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/558620-Bumble-Bee
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#558620 added January 3, 2008 at 9:20am
Restrictions: None
Bumble Bee
The can of tuna sat in the bottom draw of my office refrigerator for weeks. Bubmble Bee. Easy Peel Sensations. Spicy Thai Chili. Yes, I was avoiding it. I know, tuna is supposed to be great for you; your brain, your joints, among a few of the omega3 benefits.

But who wants tuna when they can have salad? Made with fresh romaine lettuce, chopped tomatoes, carrots and smothered in Kroger brand creamy Italian dressing? Or better yet, who would choose tuna when the Bear’s Den – a local diner is a three-minute walk from my office? The place offers southern style meat and vegetables – and more important – they serve southern pecan pie!

Tuna? Yeah right!

I must admit, when prepared correctly, tuna is delicious. Back in the day, when we used to get the stuff packed in oil instead of today’s packed in water cans. Mixed real, loaded with fat and calories Hellmann’s mayonnaise, scooped in generous proportions on top of whole-wheat buns or white bread hoagie rolls. Yeah. I’m so there!

And, we can’t forget to mention Subway’s tuna subs…yummy! A little salty, but subway knows how to throw together a tuna sandwich.

I had heard, from several others how the Thai tuna was spot on. Somehow, the can did nothing to entice my taste buds to give it a try. However, combine the forgot my lunch thing with the it’s 18 degrees outside, what do you mean leave the warmth of my office for food and you’ve got a growling stomach scavenging for food. Bumble Bee Easy Peel Sensation – Spicy Thai Chili instantly gained appeal. Well, if truth be know, it wasn’t instant, rather a low rumble gathering speed, strength and insistency as the afternoon wore on.

Anyway, the stuff was – do I dare say – great! I ate it straight out of the can, too. No mayo, no pasta, no bread for crackers. Okay, I know I was starving. but I really liked it. Next time, I’m gonna make a pasta salad out of it, and then a regular salad with tuna mixed in, and then, a plain ole sandwich with stinking low fat mayo.

They make lemon pepper and tomato basil. I wonder if those flavors are just as tasty.

© Copyright 2008 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/558620-Bumble-Bee