*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/559323-Dance-Party
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#559323 added January 25, 2008 at 11:22am
Restrictions: None
Dance Party
Remember that movie, with Rick Moranis, made in ’89…Honey, I Shrunk the Kids?

Sometime during the movie, the teenage boy looks through the window of his house-- across to the window of his neighbors' house…he sees a teenage girl – played by Amy O’Neal…she’s house cleaning. I haven’t seen the move in years, but as I recall, the fingers of her hands wrap around a mop that she’s turned upside down and she’s dancing with it like it’s a person. I always liked that scene. Here Amy, combines exercise with house chores.

I’m all about multi-tasking. I like O’Neil’s approach, merging together two activities. Especially when one, dancing helps to make the other, house cleaning more um, tolerable. So, in an effort to emulate O’Neil, I went to iTunes to download my favorite dance type songs onto my iPod shuffle. I wear the thing whenever I fold laundry, wash dishes, clean bird cages. Two songs from Madonna’s “Confessions on the Dance Floor” are there, as is the quintessential ‘get your ass on the dance floor’ electric slide song. The birds are the ones happiest with my new tidy-up method. They, all six parrots, love to dance!

Mullet starts screeching the instant he spies my pink iPod. Each bird has his own style. Mullet shuffles from side to side along his yellow cement perch. Noah, turns around in circles on his corner wooden perch. Maya climbs on the bars of her cage and bobs her head up and down. She makes a loud clicking noise, mimicking my clapping.

While I can’t count the house cleaning/dancing as aerobic. It is movement which beats the hell out of stagnant. And, it’s hilarious. Watching my birds pretend they are Shakira.

© Copyright 2008 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/559323-Dance-Party