*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560584
Rated: E · Book · Romance/Love · #1286369
Ace is a normal teen, except for the fact she's part vampire and angel!
#560584 added March 1, 2008 at 2:19pm
Restrictions: None
Chp. 10 Everwood Street
It was five in the morning, and they decided it was probably time to go home. When they got home they went to their separate rooms. Ace changed into red shorts and a red tank top that said, Do you believe in love at first site or should I walk by again. Knock. Knock. Ace quickly answered it hoping it was Jeff. To Ace’s disappointment it wasn’t instead it was Austin.
“Austin I don’t have time for your games,” said Ace. Austin didn’t say a word, he gave her a box and walked away. There was a card, but all it said was, For Ace. She opened the box, and inside was a CD. On the front cover of this CD there was an angel, and on the back was the song list. The first one was called, “My Heart Bleeds.” She knew that was the song she over heard Austin playing. She looked through the 23 songs, they were all about her. The title that really caught her eye was titled, “Popular Girl + White Angel = Love You Can’t Control.” She placed the CD into her CD player and skipped to track 11.

You lie on your bed
And
Close your eyes
You try to sleep
But
She’s always on your mind

Popular Girl + White Angel = Love You Can’t Control
hed it out of her mind, and walked out to the pool. No one was there, it was a scary place. The water was calm and the leaves were falling from the trees. The statues standing in the backyard were broken and moss was growing on them. It was quiet, to quiet. Then…….BAM! She was pushed into the pool by Jeff, making a huge splash. He jumped in after her.
“Hey!” screamed Ace, laughing.
“Sorry, just having a little fun,” said Jeff.
“Yeah, me too,” said Ace, dunking Jeff under the water. She let him up, then he dunked her under. They messed around tackling each other and splashing water left and right. They got out after about an hour, and dried off. Ace changed into some blue jeans and a Three Days Grace concert t-shirt. Jeff changed into a pair of black shorts and an Ozzy Osborne t-shirt.
They went into the kitchen for a snack. Then, Austin and Kelly walked in.
“Hey Ace, hey Jake,” said Austin.
“It’s Jeff.”
“Whatever, hey Ace I got good news. Kelly and I are dating,” said Austin. Ace put on a fake smile.
“Congratulations,” said Ace.
“Hey I just got an idea,” said Austin.
“What?” asked Kelly?
“Well, you and Jeff share a room and Ace and I share a room, well crazy idea, Jeff and I switch rooms,” said Austin.
“That’s a great idea!” exclaimed Kelly.
“What do you guys think?” asked Austin, curious.
“Yeah,” said Jeff and Ace, Jeff was more excited though. Ace loved the fact that she shared a room with Austin. I mean come on, she gets to date the sweet one and she shared a room with the hot one that slept in his boxers. She had it as perfect as she could get it.
“This is so cool,” said Jeff. As he moved his suitcase into Ace’s room.
“Yeah, I know we get to share a room, it’s awesome,” said Ace, sarcastically. Ace walked into the bathroom and started running the bath water. She was sitting on the edge of the bathtub. All of a sudden the water went from kind of clear looking to black.
“Oh my God!” screamed Ace, running out.
“What?” asked Jeff?
“The water is black.” Jeff walked into the bathroom and the water was clear or as clear as it got in that house.
“Ace the water is fine. Are you okay?” asked Jeff.
“But I swear it was black!” exclaimed Ace, shaking.
“It’s all in your head okay, this place creeps me out too.”
“Maybe your right,” said Ace, calming down. She went back into bathroom and shut the door. For a minute she just stared at the bath water. Then, she just started laughing, “I’m going crazy, this house is taking my sanity,” she laughed. She got undressed and slowly moved her way into the bath. The warm water felt good, she needed to relax and just has she got the conditioner out of her hair, the water turned into….SNAKES. Ace started screaming, and went into panic mode. Jeff ran in and found Ace in a tub full of water snakes. He grabbed a towel and got her out of there. Just as she stepped out the snakes changed back into water. Jeff quickly drained the water.
They sat on the bed, she was still in her towel.
“Am I crazy?” asked Ace.
“No, I saw it to,” said Jeff.
“It’s like one of my nightmares; I mean, ever since I saw the movie Dark Water I have been afraid of, well, dark water; I am terrified of snakes and the little girl-,” said Ace, interrupted by Jeff.
“What little girl?” asked Jeff.
“I saw this girl in the mirror, she had blonde hair and green eyes. She asked me to help her,” said Ace.
“Have you had a nightmare about her before?” asked Jeff.
“Not that I remember, but I have a feeling she’s the one making this stuff happen,” said Ace. Nothing else was said after that, Ace changed into Spongebob Squarepants PJ’s. Then, they went to bed at about three in morning.
Jeff woke up to the sound of a violin playing. He stood up and went looking for this music; it was coming from the living room. He saw a little girl playing a violin, sitting on the couch.
“Hi, I’m Jeff. Who are you?” asked Jeff.
“Emily,” said the girl, putting the violin down.
“Well, Hi Emily, so what are you doing here?” asked Jeff.
“I live here,” said Emily.
“What year is it?” asked Jeff.
“1756,” said Emily, playing with her dolls.
“Are you sure?” asked Jeff, sitting down beside Emily.
“Yeah.”
“Emily, where are your parents?” asked Jeff.
“They’re dead,” said Emily, standing up.
“How did they die?” asked Jeff, still sitting down.
“He killed them,” said Emily, in a more mysterious voice. Her eyes wandered to the staircase.
“Who killed them? Is he here?” asked Jeff. Just then, the sound of footsteps filled the room, it was Ace.
“Ashleigh,” said Jeff, relieved it was her and not “him”.
“What are you doing down here?” asked Ace.
“I heard,” said Jeff, looking around the room. Emily was gone, “I have to find her again,” thought Jeff.
“You heard what?” asked Ace, confused at what was going on.
“I thought I heard someone, looks like it my imagination this time,” said Jeff.
“I guess so, well, I’m going to bed,” said Ace. Jeff just sat there. “Are you coming?” asked Ace, politely.
“No, I think I’ll stay down here for a bit,” said Jeff.
“Okay,” said Ace, walking back up the creaking stairs. He sat there and thought about what Emily had said. He finally, after an hour, went back to bed.
The next morning, when Ashleigh woke up she showered and went to her dresser; she put on a white t-shirt that said “Fallen Angel”. She put on a pair of faded blue jeans that had a hole in the knee. She thought the shirt fit her life. She looked back at the corner of her room, where the dresser was because she heard what sounded like footsteps coming form that direction. On the dresser was something that wasn’t there before. A folded piece of white paper. On the front it said “Ashleigh Eagleson”. She opened it and it read.
Innocence sleeps
Darkness doesn’t’
Shadows creep
When goodness won’t
© Copyright 2008 black_winged_angel (UN: badattitude94 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
black_winged_angel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560584