*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Writing Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/562480-Scattered-and-Unfocused
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #940786
What's on my mind....
#562480 added January 21, 2008 at 11:12pm
Restrictions: None
Scattered and Unfocused....
... describes my state of mind at the moment. I have been like that all day.

Long weekends, while enjoyable and relaxing, don't do me a whole lot of good. Although I have noble intentions with what I plan to do with my time, I end up trying to do too much, getting overwhelmed, and then not accomplishing very much at all.

I really wanted to finish a section of a story that I've been writing for a while. That didn't happen. On Friday I brought home four sets of papers that I needed to check over to have ready for my students on Monday. I got through two, didn't touch one, and the most time-consuming stack got started, but didn't get completed.

I only read maybe five more pages of the book for this month. Each night I waited until late to start reading, and I'd wind up falling asleep. It's a very good book. I just need to start earlier, and maybe not be in bed when I do.

I managed to finish the laundry I said I was going to do, but not one piece that I thought I'd iron ahead of time got touched. I did get an outfit put together and laid out to step into tomorrow morning. I hate looking for something to wear in the morning. It slows me up, and I don't need that on the first day of the work week.

I read a few things on this site today, spending the promised thirty minutes and then some, but nothing spoke to me. I didn't review or rate anything today even though I came in to look around several times.

I still have a journal entry to complete for today. I didn't get anything else new written today that wasn't related to my ongoing project. I didn't finish proofing a section that I began proofing on Friday. I did get my own website updated, so that is one thing I accomplished that needed doing. I did that last night. Today, when I pulled up the site, I noticed some things that needed fixing, so I went in and made the necessary adjustments.

It's getting late, and I'm still all over the place, feeling antsy and agitated. Right now I've got the laptop on my lap, some pens on the night table, the journal next to me along with a book I'm trying to read along with the one I've committed to reading. The Blackberry is buzzing. Once I look at it, I'll know if I need to pick up or not.

I really think I just need to say, "Good night, Gracie" and go to bed.


© Copyright 2008 thea marie (UN: dmariemason at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thea marie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/562480-Scattered-and-Unfocused