*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/565197-Art
by TAofR
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1312019
Because I was born and raised on the moon
#565197 added February 3, 2008 at 12:44am
Restrictions: None
Art?
Ok, so yesterday, I went to the art museum with my boyfriend.

So, first we go over to the impressionist gallery. Yea ok, all fine and dandy. not really my cup of tea, but yea, ok.

After we see the new Van Gogh painting, we go over to the modern art section.

OH....MY...GOD.

I am not joking. I was so mad.There was a neon sign that read "Five words in orange neon"...and it was an ART piece....the f***?!

Oh, and one canvas painted white...just PURE WHITE....I mean Good God people...do they go to 6 years of art school to come up with that?!

Canvas with 3 strokes of paints, or just splatters?! Or, just a piece of wood with a HOLE in it?! Nothing else...nothing...I mean, I wanted to scream and yell and tear them down! For me, that is not art. I mean, I really hate to put down someone else work but seriously? 6 years of art school for a white canvas?

But then, we went to another section...paintings from the 1600-1700....oh man how I loved them. The details in the portraits, the paintings...just mind blowing. There was this portrait, of a man...I swear I thought It was a picture but not...the red veins in his eyes where visible...the skin was peaches, reds, pinks, purples, blues, greens, yellows...it was perfection.

The photography section rocked too....the composition, black and white...heh it was pretty cool

all in all...I just hate modern art.

© Copyright 2008 TAofR (UN: chswriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TAofR has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/565197-Art