*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/565296-Weird-Day
Rated: XGC · Book · Adult · #1099421
My blog...probably won't be all that exciting! Or will it?
#565296 added February 3, 2008 at 3:49pm
Restrictions: None
Weird Day
What a day! It was my day off, but had to go in for an hour and a half. Why? The girl who was opening today lives in Wisconsin, right over the river. There's only ONE bridge that goes directly into Winona, MN from there. It was blocked off at 6 AM. Why? Nope, not an accident. Some lunatic was threatening to jump off of it!

Yup, she had to drive up to Wabasha and then come down the highway back to Winona. An hour out of her way. Our maintenance guy was stuck too, but when he called from another driver's cellphone, I told him to wait awhile and if he still couldn't get over, not to feel that he had to drive back to LaCrosse or up to Wabasha. He'd be excused if he didn't make it in.

I was so tempted to walk over to the bridge and push that jackass off of it. Sorry, but dammit. It's my day off, motherfucker! *Smile*

Ah well. Patty got there and I came home. Then, Scott wanted to go shopping.

We've been arguing a lot about marriage, engagement, commitment, etc. He's been married and divorced twice and is afraid to do it again. I can understand that to a certain point, but up until today he has been stubbornly refusing to come to a decent compromise.

Today, he bought me a ring!

No, we aren't likely to actually take the final step, at least probably not for another 4 years, lol. But that's ok. He's obviously serious about making things work and staying together, and he is obviously really trying. I never thought we'd even get to this point, I was ready to give up on him.

I'm actually feeling happy. It's weird.

© Copyright 2008 Grandma Penguin needs help (UN: mspenguin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Grandma Penguin needs help has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/565296-Weird-Day