*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/569409-We-Wont-Quit-Till-Youre-In-Joe
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #1241026
Thoughts on things from the news, TV, radio, and daily life that hit home with me.
#569409 added February 22, 2008 at 8:24pm
Restrictions: None
We Won't Quit Till You're In, Joe!
         I promised an update after Major League Baseball’s Ford Frick award winner was announced this month. That time has come. The award winner was announced on the 19th. It was Dave Niehaus, the broadcaster for the Seattle Mariners for the last 31 years. If the award were based strictly on the public voting record, Joe would have had it hands down with his 82,000+ out of about 122,000.
         I want to thank all of you who voted for Joe, and to let you know that we will be waging the same fight next year at this time, and that we would deeply appreciate your support in the same way at that time.
         Joe’s son, Kim, said more than once in recent interviews following the announcement that the family was very deeply moved by the number of people that had turned out to help in the effort to get Joe into the Hall, and he wanted to make sure that all of us knew how much this effort had touched them as a family. He also said that Joe would have been equally moved by that outpouring of support.
         I will, of course, let all of you know when the voting is open for next year’s nominations, and I hope you will be able to help us again.
         Again, a sincere thank you for your help in this effort.

© Copyright 2008 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/569409-We-Wont-Quit-Till-Youre-In-Joe