*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577319-My-insulin-pump
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1242039
A look at who Daizy is. My very first blog/journal.
#577319 added April 3, 2008 at 7:58am
Restrictions: None
My insulin pump
It is 7:30 in the morning. I have tested my blood glucose, eaten breakfast and set my insulin pump to deliver the proper amount of insulin to cover what I ate. I now have type 1 diabetes. My pancreas produces no insulin whatsoever, so It has to come from an external source. Being type 1, I am eligible for insurance to pay for an insulin pump; which is worn on my pants in a little case. It is a tad smaller than a cell phone. There is a very thin tube that attaches to my stomach, sort of like an I.V., which I change every three days.

The pump continuously delivers a small amount of insulin, 24/7. Each time I eat or if my blood glucose level is too high, I can program the pump to deliver insulin needed to cover those amounts. I have to fill a cartridge in the pump and make sure the tubing is properly attached to my body as well as to the pump.

I tell you all of the above because it reminds me of my relationship with Jesus. I can't produce the power I need to live the way I know I should. I need an external source. Jesus is the external source. I have made a covenant with Him to be what He wants me to be. His part of the covenant is that He adopted me into His family. I filled a 'cartridge', and attached a 'tube' leading from Him to the belly of my soul. He continuously delivers the power I need to get through each day. When I need extra help with something more demanding, I reach out to Him for that boost.

I have to maintain that relationship. I constantly am checking my connection to Him. (tubing) I am filling the cartridge with Bible reading, prayer, going to church with others who have the same beliefs, through interchange with others like raeburk01 about what we have learned from scripture reading and contemplation of that reading.

It's good to know that I have a source of power (energy) for anything that I need. This has brought me peace..

© Copyright 2008 Daizy May (UN: daizy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Daizy May has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577319-My-insulin-pump