*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586560-Jakies-day-my-day-what-a-day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#586560 added May 22, 2008 at 4:33pm
Restrictions: None
Jakie's day, my day, what a day
This morning, right after we'd arrived at Target, Jakie started complaining that he had a tummyache, said he needed to throw up . . . we went into the rest room, he tried using the potty, nothing.  Went back to finish our shopping, cuz he said he'd be ok . . . it was clear within another minute that he wasn't.  The pain was on his left side, below his navel.  By the time we got to the car, he was in so much discomfort he was scared to get out of the shopping cart.  Managed to get him into the car, but he was whimpering and crying and "ow ow owwwing" the whole way home.  Called Dr office as soon as we got home, and they said to come right in.  He was practically screaming . . . he WAS screaming . . . at the Dr. office.  Dr. said it felt like he had something in his intestines (like he was constipated, though he'd had a bowel movement in the AM) but he was in way too much pain for it to just be that . . . it was very tender.  So she sent us to the ER to have some imaging done.  He was whimpering, crying etc in the car . . . but actually managed to fall asleep for a few minutes.  Pain continued when we got to the ER, and through the exam by the nurse.  She wondered about a hernia, and felt to see if everything was where it should be . . . wasn't sure if one of his testicles was descended or not.  He giggled and then screamed while she was feeling for that.  By the time the Dr. arrived . . . he wasn't in any pain anymore!  *Shock*  It wasn't that long of a wait, either.  In any case, he had us wait around for a while, we waited for the supervising Dr. to come in, and he was still fine at that time.  They never did an ultrasound . . . we just sat there for 3 hours.  *sighs*  In any case . . . he seems fine now.  We need to keep an eye on him, though.

And in other news . . . my dad called from the car, on his way up to visit Grandpa.  The fact that he was going up today tells me . . . it's the end.  I couldn't hear most of the message he left, so I don't know for certain what's going on. 

I'm wiped out, emotionally a wreck, got nothing done today (except part of my Target shopping) . . . but I'm going swimming tonight, darn it!  I NEED to!!!

** Image ID #1417474 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586560-Jakies-day-my-day-what-a-day