*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586839-Chapter-1-Change-Begins
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1429795
A young man tells his story of love,family tragedy, and friendship,
#586839 added May 27, 2008 at 2:41am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1: Change Begins
                                         
Chapter 1: Change Begins


         "Sean! Wake up, or else you're going to be late!" My mother Helen yelled from downstairs. "Alright mom! Give me a few seconds, gosh!"I groggily replied. Upon saying this, I flew out of my bed, and ran into the other room to take my morning shower. I usually don't do anything special when i shower, just the usual soap scrubbing, shampoo soaking action that most experience every day. After I was done with my shower, I wrapped myself up in a towel, and went downstairs into the laundry room to get my clothes out of the dryer.I reached in, and grabbed my uniform, which was slightly wrinkled,but i thought to my self,"Oh well."After putting on my uniform,  I stepped out of the laundry room, and as I closed the door to the laundry room, my mother came to me and enquired "Sean! Do you have everything you need? I then stepped over to the front door to grab my bag and said. "Yes mom I have everything. I'm 16 now; I think I can handle myself without you worrying about me every little second." I began walking out the door, when my mother walked over to me."Have a good day!"My mother shouted as I was walking out of the house.

         "Alright mom!"I yelled. My mom watched me has I ran down the road that lead out of the neighborhood until I was out of sight. I then participated in a track race on the sidewalk to get to the train station as fast as possible, the person in the first place happens to be time. As I'm steamrolling by, people stop and stare at this young man who is charging through the sidewalk at 6 AM in the morning. "Hey calm down kid, your cruising around like it's the apocalypse!" I then looked at the man who had said that, and I replied by saying.  "Me being late, is the literal definition of the apocalypse! My mom is like Godzilla when she's angry, and don't even get me started on my step-father! Now if you'll excuse me I have a train to catch!! See ya'!!!" I immediately darted off towards the train station, which happened to conveniently be a few feet away.

         I stopped to catch my breath, knowing that I had plenty of time, but I soon found out I had no time to spare when the train intercom system turned on."Train departure in 10 seconds..." "Oh crap! I've got to hurry....come on...make it...."I then dived into the train doors at the last second right before they closed, he made it. Sean jumped for joy at the fact that he made it. "Yahoo!!! I made it. Yeah!!" As I was doing my little victory dance, someone walked up to him and calmly stated."Hey Sean, I don't think you should be doing your little victory dance in public, you might scare the children." The young woman then stuck her tongue out at him. I then looked over at her."Well your one to talk Alexis, your scaring me already!"I teased.I then returned the favor and stuck my tongue out back at her. We both pointed at each-other and laughed, while everyone else glared at us with a disturbed look.

         "Oh...man...that was great..."Alexis said in an escalated voice. Alexis then cleared her throat. "Anyways, that aside, did you hear the news Sean?"Alexis questioned. I folded my arms and responded in a confused tone stating."Nooo...Do i even want to hear this news...it's not like last time is it?" Alexis laughed so hard that she clutched her stomach."No, no, it's not like that thing at all, this is actually some good news." I repositioned myself and breathed in before questioning."Ok then...what is this good news that you're talking about, go on, spill." Alexis then chuckled."Wow, I can't believe that you haven't heard. There is a transfer student arriving today! Didn't someone tell you?" Alexis then chuckled at him again. Sean then proceeded to respond in shock and slight anger." No! No-one ever tells me anything anymore! So how would I have known?"Alexis then playfully responded."Hmmm...I think maybe you should socialize more... then maybe...just maybe...people would tell you these things

         She then stuck her tongue out at me, hence I proceeded to clench my fist, and just as I was about to yell at her again, the train intercom turned on."Train now arriving at Elliot station, now arriving at Elliot station, make sure all of you belongings are taken before departing, we will not be held responsible for any lost or stolen goods, thank you for choosing to ride with us, have a nice day!" The train doors slid open as passengers began to enter and exit the train, Alexis and I were among the last few to get off the train."Man Alexis, you really know how to get to people..."As we were walking down the path to their school, i suddenly remembered the earlier conversation about the transfer student and brought it up."So...Tell me about this transfer student, like what is his name, where is he from, what he likes to do, you know, stuff like that, since you're Miss "I Know Everything Cause' I'm The Class Rep", why don't you tell me all about him?"I teasingly exclaimed.

         Alexis frowned in response to that, and then lifted to a smirk."Actually Sean, it's a girl."I turned my head to look at her."Really, whats her name?"Alexis folded her arms behind her head and sighed."I think they said her name was Rebecca or something like that, I don't entirely remember, I was filling out paper work for student council..."I then interrupted." And by filling out paper work, you mean you were sleeping right? Are you even listening?" I poked Alexis, who was daydreaming with her mouth open."Huh, what sorry I was miles away, what were you saying?" Was her immediate response after he poked her, which caused Sean to shake his head and sigh, due to the fact that she does this quite often, we'll both be conversing with each other, then all of a sudden she'll just space out. It makes you wonder if she isn't getting enough sleep, doesn't it? Knowing the workaholic that she is, she's probably staying up all night doing her homework till she passes out, or something along those lines.

         Then as we were coming around the corner, the school came into view, and I did my victory dance once more. Once I was finished we continued towards the school, then my cell phone started ringing, I scrambled into my pocket to answer the phone, it was my step-father, John."What the hell does he want now?"I questioned. Alexis then asked."Who is it? It's your step-dad isn't it?" "Yeah, it is."I replied in a depressed tone. I then answered the call."Hello?" "Sean? I'm having some trouble with something, do you have a sec?" "Yeah, but hurry, cause I have to go to class here in a bit."I then blabbered on with my step-father about his dumb question, which turned out to be something very simple, I then hung up as we walked through the school entrance We walked down the hall till we were outside of our classroom.Alexis looked at me and asked."What did he want?" "Oh, he was having a hard time spelling a few simple words, which I think it's very sad, that a 41 year old man needs spelling advice from a 16 year old, wouldn't you agree?

         "Yeah, I do think that's pretty sad that he can't spell on his own." "Him and your mom are still together aren't they?" "Yeah, but I don't know why though, she hates him, and he hates her, they want to get divorced, but I don't see the purpose in waiting this long, when they clearly hate each other. Even I hate him; I've hated him ever since he attacked me before that scouting trip a few years back." "You know Alexis, its times like these that make me glad that I have you as a friend."Alexis blushed at this comment. "Thank you. I'm glad you're my friend as well. We've been friends for the past 8 years, and I don't want that to change." Alexis then gasped."Oh crap, I was so busy doing other stuff last night I forgot to study for the test in math next hour!" I then chuckled at her."Alright well let's go into class, I'll even help you study!" As we walked into the classroom, Alexis whispered a quiet thank you before dragging me to our seat.

         Just as we got seated the bell rang for class to start. The teacher walked in with a person next to him that I hadn't seen before."Good morning class, allow me to introduce to you our newest student, she just transferred in from Rangdonville. Go ahead and introduce yourself." The girl then looked up at everyone, then said "Umm...Good morning everyone, my name is Rebecca, Rebecca Watts, it's a pleasure to meet all of you!"She giggled right after saying that which caused everyone to go nuts, but as for me, at that moment, I could suddenly feel the winds of change begin to blow past me, and it made me wonder, what it all meant, for what reason was I having this strange feeling? Well for whatever reason, it was obviously a big one.
© Copyright 2008 shadowchicken477 (UN: shadowchicken2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
shadowchicken477 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586839-Chapter-1-Change-Begins