*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588644-Friendship-take-2
by Fig
Rated: 18+ · Book · Teen · #956453
Hope is here. By hope i mean university life.
#588644 added June 2, 2008 at 8:48pm
Restrictions: None
Friendship take 2....
Currently in my life, the theme of frienship is recurring... alot. It may be that I'm being way too critical in terms of me evaluating who I see as a friend and who I would value as a friend over another person... but on the heels on my last talk about friendship, i'll continue. I'm going to just put definitions of frienship i found on the internet:

Friendship is the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring all right out just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful friendly hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of comfort, blow the rest away.

Perhaps the one relation that has survived the trials and tribulations of time and has still remained unconditional is friendship. A unique blend of affection, loyalty, love, respect, trust and loads of fun is perhaps what describes the true meaning of friendship between two individuals

It is the trust in an individual that he / she won't hurt you. For others, it is unconditional love. There are some who feel that friendship is companionship.


I think this one statement strongly puts my position on friendship. Friendship cannot survive if one person makes all the effort to sustain it without any mutual recognition from others. . ONE PERSON CANNOT SUSTAIN A FRIENDSHIP. A friendship is a mutual thing... there is give and take.. not always giving and not always taking. A good friend would realise this.


I hope someone can read all of these things I've pulled from different sources and seriously read it. Read it and THINK about it. Aren't those sounding like what a good friendship should be like? I myself are going through some rough times with 'friends' and i'm trying to identify who my real friends are. Its hard because you try your best to see the good in people, but in reality, they don't live up to what you expect them to be... which is a friend. Something simple as a friend... they can't meet those objectives. Its not that hard, so because they can't make that same effort, its not worth it. Its not worth stressing yourself over a 'friendship' when the other person doesn't care or bother... i'm trying to come to terms with this and soon I will, but for now.. its hard...

Sigh, take care of yourself till next time i write

© Copyright 2008 Fig (UN: ninja64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fig has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588644-Friendship-take-2