*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/603956-Let-Someone-Else-Do-It
Rated: XGC · Book · Biographical · #1375962
My new blog
#603956 added August 27, 2008 at 4:30am
Restrictions: None
"Let Someone Else Do It!"
I wound up in a debate with someone over politics.

They are a libertarian, and are supporting Bob Barr for president.

Now, let me first say that I admire the spirit of the Libertarian. Having said that, after examining the tenets of libertarianism, I can't help but find the whole concept of a Libertarian running for president laughably ironic.

Libertarianism, in the purest sense of the word, believes in complete personal freedom and as little control from the government as possible. The Libertarian party compromises by emphasizing state control over federal control.

Get the joke yet?

It seems to me that the goal of the libertarian presidential candidate is to say "let the states decide" to nearly every question.

Hence the title of this blog. That should be the campaign slogan for every Libertarian presidential candidate.

If any of you are libertarians...sorry. Maybe you can explain it to me, 'cause I'm just not getting it.

© Copyright 2008 Silver is 2 to the 5th Power (UN: movieman894 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Silver is 2 to the 5th Power has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/603956-Let-Someone-Else-Do-It