*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/604890
Rated: 18+ · Book · News · #1439092
On topics and today's gnus. Definitely opinionated. Set to 18+ for a reason.
#604890 added September 1, 2008 at 6:12pm
Restrictions: None
Palin looking pale
Palin looking pale
2008, September 1

Yep. Palin sure is pale. Nice sliced white-bread about to tell America that one can be a mother and a governor and maybe a president too!

She's right, of course. No need to think that a mother that knows how to run a household, a family and the neighborhood street kids couldn't run a measly little white house (complete with picket fence).

But is she that mother?

Well, she's got a bunch of kids ... even going to have a grandkid soon.

Which brings about some nasty questions:

1. If your daughter is pregnant, how old is she? In some states they would criminalize both her and the father ... how old is he did you say?

2. You speak about them getting married. Why not now? If this were a son and he was gay, what would you say to him getting married?

3. Your Republican Party Platform is not women friendly, not gay friendly, not sex education friendly. Hatred, bigotry and ignorance are not family values. How do you reconcile this?

The quick answer is that the proponents of the CRA (Christian Republic of America) have no problem accepting sex as long as it conforms to the proper missionary position and that the sinners are rapidly married.

I could accept this ... but these same people reject that there are other cultural norms as well. That there are gay and lesbian couples who deserve the right to be married who are being denied. That any sex they may be engaging in at any age is considered immoral, sinful, unacceptable and even criminal.

I find the situation unacceptable. Not because Palin's daughter should be reprimanded or be dragged out into the public eye, but because her mother stands for a platform that does just that to others. If she can accept her daughter, how can she not accept others?

We'll see how this is handled. Obama has made the good point that the children should not be politicized, that they deserve privacy.

But... Palin is fair game if she is willing to accept one standard for her daughter and another for others.
33

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/604890