*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607071-Introduction-of-Deciet-High-Poison-POV
Rated: ASR · Book · Dark · #1473649
Deceit High, for people with what they call Gifts, where gathers the dangerous, and gifted
#607071 added September 14, 2008 at 7:50am
Restrictions: None
Introduction of Deciet High: Poison POV
My mother keeps her usual stony silence while she drives me to the train station. The whole train station thing is crap. Although we go to the train station, a bus takes us – me and my dear guinea-pig-to-bes – to Deceit High.

In my head are already the ingredients and mixtures that I have not yet used for my poison mixing. I don’t bother trying to make a conversation. She’s not worth it.

She pulls to a stop outside the station and pulls out her wallet and from it takes out three crisp fifty-dollar notes.

“Try to make it last the year, Mercy,” she pushes the notes into my hands, her face unfathomable. Or maybe I’m just bad at emotions. I make an impatient noise as she said my name and leave the car without as much as a ‘goodbye’. No point. Hark to her.

Once I step out of the car, I already spot some of the remaining schoolmates. I’m already planning on how best to get my poison in them. To hell with the headmaster. Strangers aren’t fun to kill.

I spot the bus. Good. I’m not planning to stay out in the open under the blazing sun for very long. I’ve never liked the sun for some reason. Maybe because most of the plants and things that I use for my poisons grow in dark places. You never know. After all, I’ve used my blood to turn an antidote into poison before. That surprised me. I didn’t think I was as terrible as that that my blood could turn an antidote into a poison. But then, my blood has turned distilled water into poison. Maybe I am that terrible after all.

I ignore the hushed whispers that follow me as I get on the bus. I was wearing a plain white shirt and dark blue jeans, and my hair was blacker than oil and nearly waist length, tied up in a ponytail. I looked quite normal, but with all those whispers and damn stares I was getting, I may just have been wearing a Tutu.

As usual, I am the first one on the bus. I never know how in the world my schoolmates stand the sun. I move straight to the rear of the bus. I know that no one will sit anywhere close to me anyway.

With nothing to do, I stare at the second hand of my watch, counting down the seconds till the bus leaves. One of the few people that I like is the bus driver of this bus. He always leaves the moment the second hand touches twelve at two o’clock. At the beginning of term and at the end.

252 seconds left. The first few people after me were coming aboard. I don’t look up. Not until a boy sits next to me, his arm brushing mine slightly as he did so. I reel away in shock. I haven’t been so physically close to anyone except my already dead experiments in nearly a year.

I hear sharp intakes of breaths from the people in the bus but no one tells him to get away. Probably just afraid that I’ll target them. And they’re not really wrong.

I edge closer to the window. Much as I don’t want to admit it, I really don’t like getting close to people unless I am pretty much preparing to kill them. But still… I will probably be killing him quite soon anyway.

Out of the corner of my eye I see him turning and looking at me weirdly. I ignore him. That is, until he opened his mouth.

“You don’t mean that, do you?”

“Mean what?” I turned to look at him. His hair was a funny color; sort of like a cross between magma and stone, and it was short with a single long lock hanging from just behind his left ear. His eyes were just about the same color as his hair, and he was wearing dark grey jeans and a sea green collared shirt.

“Killing me off,” he said simply. I raised an eyebrow.

“And how would you know that?” I ask, then pause for a few seconds and continued. “Is your gift…?”

“Not really mind reading. Sort of more like emotion reading. I would describe your emotion as blackish pink just now so… Anyway, I’m Ziel (Zee-elle),”

“Ziel? Alright then, Ziel. Let me tell you something. You are either retarded, suicidal, or don’t know that I’m homicidal,” I said testily, and then turned back to the window as the bus started to ease out of its original place.

By about halfway to Deceit High, I have hereby eliminated one option; Ziel definitely knows that I’m homicidal now. So he is either suicidal or retarded. But I think it is the latter. He still hasn’t moved despite seeing the at-least-two-seats radius of emptiness around me.

But mind reading… I do not care what he calls it. It sounds freaking like mind reading to me. It may come in useful to me someday… After all… I do suck at emotions and such.

0oo0oo0oo0

Nearing the end of the journey. By now, I have already reached a conclusion. He’s retarded. In the duration of the journey, he has tried to talk to me three times (one of which he was reading the school brochure and commented about it to me), and that is a lot seeing as the journey only takes four hours. And he has talked in such an innocent tone. Or maybe my stupidity at emotions just kicked in. Fine then, he talked in such a (what I think is an) innocent tone, I don’t really think that he’s suicidal. Meaning there is only one option; he’s retarded, which I thought so in the first place.

Rain was pouring like it was nobody’s business when the bus pulled to a stop just outside the school gates. One of my dear guinea pigs with the gift of creating barriers had made one leading to the interior of the school building. That’s actually helpful, although I don’t really mind the rain (just that the deranged cow of a Headmaster refuses to let anyone change before dinner (for some reason it’s always raining when we reach). He claims that it is for us to test our gifts and bend them to suit our needs, but I say he’s just out to make our lives miserable). He was one of the ones I had planned to use for my testings first, but maybe I’ll just leave him till later.

When I am out of the bus, I look at my school building. Or buildings would be a better word. Deceit High is mainly made out of mammoth buildings connected by random things. And I mean random things. The one connecting the third level of the Acrylic Block to the second level of the Zinc Block is a sort of bridge made of millions of paperclips. True, the mad Headmaster strengthened them somehow, so they would according to him support immense weights, hardly anyone uses them. Strike that. No one uses them. You see, no one trusts the Headmaster enough to risk their lives.

In total there are five buildings, each about as big as a small town and having seven floors; the main one which the shelter/barrier leads to is the Acrylic Block, where the Dining Hall, the Staff Rooms, one of the entire school’s biggest training areas (about seven averaged sized swimming polls) and the main library are located.

Then there is the Mercury Block, or sometimes known as the classroom block, where all the classrooms are. There is also the follow-up-to-the-biggest training area and a small library. When I say small, I mean small for the school’s standards, meaning about the size of a big unit of a flat.

One of the Blocks connected to the Mercury Block is the Zinc Block. The dormitories. Although the school is more than enormous, the average enrollment is only 1971, so each room is normal sized (for normal people) and we don’t have to share it. That is how big each of our buildings is; enough to hold about 2000 rooms. However, every room has two doors; one leading out and one leading into the person next-door’s room, and that person is normally, if you are an ‘old’ student a new one, and if you are a ‘new’ student an old one. The Headmaster was not stupid enough to pair me up with someone, so the room that is connected to mine is currently empty.

Following that, a building also connected to the Mercury Block, is the Lead Block, or in other words, a greenhouse. Although it was made of concrete, it had so many windows it looked more like a beehive, although this particular building had a basement where all the plants that grow in cold and dark places were grown. A typical place for me to go to when I need inspiration for my poisons, although my blood for some reason turns any mixture into poison.

Then the last Building is the Tungsten Block, which is once again looking new. The Tungsten Block is used for experiments of all kinds, and so every few months or so it had to be repaired and at the end of every term it is rumored that it is completely torn down then rebuilt again from scratch (yes, although people generally fear me except for retards, speaking of which I just found one, I still pick things like rumors up, so sue me), but I think that’s just rot. It’s far too big to be rebuilt in two months. But then again, it is true that its shape changed completely.

I walk towards the entrance of the Acrylic Block, the usual three meter radius of lack of people around me, but this time intruded by a certain retard named Ziel.

As I walk, I start pondering the possibility of that guy being both retarded and suicidal. Or maybe even doesn’t believe that I am homicidal. But I strike the last one out. If he can read minds, he must surely know that I am homicidal and proud of it.

“No, you’re not,” he says out of the blue. I ignore him. Out of the corner of my eye, I see him grin.

“Retard,” I mutter, but his grin spreads even wider. Worse still, it now even has a hint of a smirk to it. Once again I ignore him and enter the school into the warmth, although to be honest I hardly noticed the cold anyway.

It was easy for me to move through the corridor, and now even Ziel has a rather wide space around him. Quite reasonable seeing as he is following dangerously within range of the knife I usually use to kill people at my school when I’m not up to discreetness, but for some reason I do not strike. I push that fact to the back of my head as I reach the Dining Hall.

The Dining Hall is most accurately described as a gigantic cafeteria with many small, round and multicolored tables with comfortable backed chairs. At the very end of it (and this was no laughing business seeing how big the Dining Hall was) was a counter which served food.

I immediately sat down at one of the tables closest to the door. I always sat there, as I figured that no one would get close to me (except Ziel, who is still following me around) if they could help it, and so by being as close as possible to the only exit of the Dining Hall would bring my experimental products as close to me as possible.

But, there still is, however, an extremely negative point about sitting so close to the entrance; teachers of the school sit anywhere they like during meals, in other words amongst the students, and the damn Headmaster loves pissing me off and sitting with me.

Oh, speak of the devil, here he comes.

By the way that he nags you might think that he’s an old grandpa, but no, he is only in his late-twenties, and he, completely unlike me, loves wearing black. And not only are his clothes always black, his hair is, like mine, blacker than black and so is his eyes. And plus he’s really discreet about his name. I really do not know how the other students stand him.

And he sits just beside me. What a surprise. Note the sarcasm. So now I am stuck in between two retards.

“A new friend? Brilliant! I’ve always thought that a bit of company would do you good, Poison!” He exclaimed once he sat down, students rampaging towards the counter in the background; it is tradition that once the Headmaster steps into the Dining Hall the students are allowed to line up to get food. I roll my eyes as he rants on.

“Hello! You’re a new student, aren’t you? What’s your name? I insist that I know all of my students’ names,” Ah, yes. That’s one of the barmy old guy’s gifts. Photographic Memory and the memory to the point that he remembered everything ever since he was born. Quite far-fetched, but most of the students believe him. How stupid.

“I’m Ziel,” the retard answers with that damn smile of his. Without a word, I stand up and start towards the counter, more than eager to get to the counter and away from the two idiots. Unfortunately, both followed along, the Headmaster chatting happily to Ziel. I roll my eyes with my hands in my pockets, playing with my vials.

I never really liked the Headmaster. He was so warm to everyone. Too warm, even. But I never really hated him too much, so you could say that my feelings toward him were neutral. And I don’t like that idea.

At the counter, I would normally automatically move to the front of the line, but still, there are new students, so I don’t really think that they know about me yet. All the better. I’ll have an excuse to use them as my first victims.

“Oi, you!” Ah, the first one presents himself. He’s really kind of tall. Or is it me that’s short. I suppose it’s the former then. “Try cutting the line and I’ll beat the crap out of you, and I don’t care if you are a girl,”

I smirk as I notice the silence around us. Like in the case of Ziel, no one wants to warn him. Unfortunately for him, Ziel simply does not know when to stop talking and that’s not too bad, although it’s annoying. What I hate the most are people who think they’re smart but what they should be proud of is their stupid pride.

“Poison…” the Headmaster starts, taking a few large strides forwards, and I catch a bit of Ziel’s expression. Then I remember that he can read emotions; his expression was a curious one. I think it’s fear.

I always keep my poisoned knives ready with me. Far before the Headmaster reaches, my knives are already through the new guy’s heart in the shape of an elegant ‘X’. Blood splatters on my face. I smile as the guy realizes what had just happened.

I named the poison Acid, although acid was supposed to eat away at nearly everything, but my Acid only dissolves flesh. And bones.

I take the knives out, as out of the corner of my eye I see the Headmaster stop short. I lick the blood off the knives. It doesn’t matter that there’s acid on them. I am immune to all Poisons. And antidotes, so it is hard for me to recover from fevers and such.

I calmly order my food after sheathing my knives. The other students will get over it soon enough, so I don’t care. With any luck Ziel will try and get away from me too. I hate the fact that I think that with slight bitterness.

I just order chocolate sandwiches. I’m not a very big eater. The Headmaster doesn’t say anything to me as I pass him with my food. Maybe because he’s busy moving the new kid’s body. Ziel just looks at me in a weird way. I don’t know what it means. More proof that I’m terrible at emotions.

I am halfway through my third sandwich when Ziel returns with some Chinese-looking food, quite surprisingly, he greeted me with a smile. I nearly choked. Is he stupid or what? Then I remember that he is.

I ignore him as he sets his food down, but doesn’t eat. Then I feel something soft brush past my hand. Ziel was waving a bit of tissue at me.

“You’ve got a lot of dry blood on your face, you know. You’re practically eating that guy’s blood,”

“I don’t mind,” I mutter, but take the piece of tissue. Ziel’s annoying, but I don’t want to kill him. I suppose I’m so bad at emotions I don’t even understand my own.

~~Asphodel_Winter~~
Battle between~
Rationality and Surreality~~~~
© Copyright 2008 Asphodel_Winter (UN: asphodel7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Asphodel_Winter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607071-Introduction-of-Deciet-High-Poison-POV