*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607186-Warm-Waters-to-Stem-the-Tide
by RatDog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #274453
A Journal of my adventures in the world I inhabit while I'm asleep.
#607186 added September 15, 2008 at 2:25am
Restrictions: None
Warm Waters to Stem the Tide
I'm living in rundown wooden cottage like the place I used to live in back in Colorado Springs many years ago... Except in Dreamland this cottage is on a bluff about a quarter mile away from the ocean.

I'm sitting on the porch drinking a beer when a small group of people approach me. Their leader explains they are a Naturist Medicine group. "There's a beautiful vortex directly beneath that elm tree in the center of your yard. It's just perfect for our needs, would you mind if we performed a ceremony here?"

Being a pretty open minded guy I say "No problem, just be careful, the lawn's a little slippery. I just watered."

My comment causes several of them to chuckle, their leader quiets them and says "That won't be an issue by the time we start the ceremony, we have to wait a little while."

"Well, if you gotta wait, you all might as well come up on the porch and have something to drink. I got a case of beer in the fridge, or there's ice water if you prefer."

"Beer is perfect for this ceremony," the leader says, and all of them agree, even the women, which kinda surprises me. Soon we're all drinking beer and having a good time.

A soft rain starts to fall. I look out in the distance and see the tide is still coming in... Now it's rising up over the seawall and onto the bluff, it just doesn't stop! Now it's spreading into the yard, lapping at the steps of my cottage, I'm starting to get concerned that my house will be flooded when the leader announces, "It's time for the ceremony."

Everyone in the group starts removing their clothing and I'm feeling kinda uncomfortable. A couple of the women are pretty fine, it's hard not to look. (I know I shouldn't be staring at them like the girls down at the Jet Strip...)

"Are you going to be joining us?" their leader asks me.

"Umm, I don't know..." I hesitate, feeling embarassed to take off my clothes. Everyone else is younger than me, and they all look pretty fit. I'm kinda out of shape, and not particularly well endowed. (I've always been more of a "grower" than a "shower", if you know what I mean.)

One of the younger women speaks up. "Hey old man, get over yourself! We're here to perform an important ritual, not to check out each other's equipment! You can be a part of it or you can sit on porch. Are you with us or not?"

"I never could refuse a request from a pretty lady," I say, as I pull off my jeans.

We all wade into the water out towards the elm tree as the rain falls on us. We form a circle around the tree and join hands, standing waist deep in the muddy water.

The leader speaks, "It is time to release your warm waters to the oceans of the earth. Concentrate as you do upon becoming one with this blue planet, upon calming these troubled seas, for the sake of all of us who are trying to improve the environment, to make this world a better place."

I've never had a problem pissing while swimming before, but the fact that I'm holding hands with a woman on each side holds me back for a minute or so. Until the one on my left smiles at me as I feel the water next to her beginning to warm. Then I let go, becoming one with the salty seas...

© Copyright 2008 RatDog (UN: cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RatDog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607186-Warm-Waters-to-Stem-the-Tide