*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/608759-September-22nd
by spidey
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1207864
If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?
#608759 added September 22, 2008 at 8:13pm
Restrictions: None
September 22nd
When I quit smoking (6 years ago today), I didn't realize it was the first day of Autumn or that it was a friend's birthday. Those were coincidences. I didn't plan it ahead of time; I reached the pinnacle of my frustration.

I had attempted to quit several times and failed. I had chronic heartburn, anxiety & panic attacks. I knew that quitting would make me feel better (plus, you know, greatly reduce my risk of all those other diseases, like cancer), but I couldn't succeed at quitting until I just couldn't take it anymore.

I said to myself that morning, "That's it. I can't do this anymore."

I threw out what was left of the pack of smokes I had (Marlboro Lights, I believe), and I haven't wavered since. That first day was the hardest, but it got easier and easier with each passing day.

In retrospect, it was probably insane to quit smoking a month before my wedding and during my last semester of college. But let's face it, the timing is never going to be perfect to quit smoking. I made the decision to quit, and I stuck with it. It worked, regardless of what else was going on in my life.

My husband tries to quit smoking every so often, and I try to be as supportive as I can. I don't push him, and I don't pressure him to try to quit. I don't think guilt or pressure works getting someone else to quit. He needs my support, not nagging. He'll do it one day, because he wants to quit.

So, *Smile* Happy Quit Anniversary *Smile* to me, and *Leaf1* Happy Autumn *Leaf1* to all of you!


Here's a new game I've discovered recently. It's totally addictive!
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1468400 by Not Available.

© Copyright 2008 spidey (UN: spidergirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
spidey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/608759-September-22nd