*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612301
Rated: 18+ · Book · News · #1439092
On topics and today's gnus. Definitely opinionated. Set to 18+ for a reason.
#612301 added October 11, 2008 at 2:46am
Restrictions: None
The abuse of power
The abuse of power
2008, October 11th

One of my main concerns with the Bush administration was the bully attitude of "my way or the highway" strewn with lies and the heightening of fears. I was hoping that at least McCain would be above that. But ... he chose Palin and her guns and six-pack barrage against Obama, "He's not one of us" left me unsettled. After-all, which one of us will be pointed at next? I truly feel we need a healer not an abuser for president, especially after four years of deep rifts engendered by the Oval Office.

Yesterday the Anchorage News reported that Governor Palin had been found to have abused her power in the firing of an Alaska employee:

http://www.adn.com/monegan/story/552393.html

Regardless of whether there is a fine imposed or not, this ethical gaffe is an embarrassment to the Republican campaign that is already lagging in the polls.

And it will get worse. Why? A large number of folks in the workforce have experienced a bully as their boss. On a very visceral level this will create some qualms in the supporters of the charismatic governor as well as question marks in the minds of supporters of the senator. It will not sway independents in a positive way.

No one enjoys the abuse of power.
36

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612301