*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/613520-The-Fatigue-Is-Hitting-Me-Again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#613520 added October 18, 2008 at 5:44pm
Restrictions: None
The Fatigue Is Hitting Me Again
         When I got on here just now to make this entry, I noticed how appropriate my wife Kenzie 's costumicon is for the day I've had. I got up about 9:30, after going to bed about midnight. That's around 9 1/2 hours of sleep. I feel great after a sleep like that, even if it is momentarily interrupted when she comes to bed about 1:30 AM or so. Today was starting off just fine. The problem this time was it didn't last that long.
         I had my cereal breakfast, cleaned up after the dog, swept the living room floor, sat and talked with Kenzie on the porch for about 1/2 hour or so, then came in and got online to check email here and at Gather.Com, then do a little more of what I hope will be the final editing on the biography. I turned the local news on the TV here in the bedroom as I worked, then turned it off after the news and went back to typing.
         Next thing I know, Kenzie's opening the bedroom door to go through a couple baskets of clean laundry, and she says, "You look like you ought to take a nap, dear." As soon as she opened the door I realized I'd dozed off, sitting here at my PC. That told me she and I were on the same page. I hit the bed.
         I woke up between 3 1/2 and 4 hours later, at 4:45 PM.
         So much for a Saturday afternoon. And a fair share of that editing.
         Looking back, I think I should have expected this. I was hurting all over most of the evening last night, and still when I got up this morning. So my body was burning a lot of energy fighting a lot of pain. It's at times like this that I get a first hand taste of what Kenzie feels like on most of her days. That "overall" pain is a real problem. Thankfully, the only pains I've had since the nap are my back and the fact that part of my left leg was on fire for about 1/2 hour.
         I'm just thankful that the fatigue part of the fibro only hits me outside the office. Hopefully it will stay that way. Obviously time will tell.

© Copyright 2008 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/613520-The-Fatigue-Is-Hitting-Me-Again