*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/614962
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by ily-xx
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1489252
This is all the Forever Wild stories in one.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#614962 added October 27, 2008 at 4:06am
Restrictions: None
Chapter One


*Heart*edwardandbella*Heart*
I scanned the trees ahead of me as I ran deeper into the woods. I knew it wouldn't do much good, if the person I thought was looking for me was actually looking for me, but I really didn't want to talk to anyone right now.

I had always known there was a possibility of my becoming a werewolf, but the knowledge didn't brace me the tiniest bit when my father broke his news to me. All I remember was staggering against the kitchen bench, a moment of blackness, then grabbing my coat and running out the door.
So I ended up here, out in the woods, waiting for the one person who would come looking for me. The one person that everyone knew would come looking for me. My boyfriend Jasper.

The word 'boyfriend' was an understatement in more ways than one. You see, Jas is my perfect match, my soulmate, the love of my life - well I guess, now that I'm a werewolf, he's the love of my existence. The only problem is that words that suited our relationship more, words like 'destiny' and 'fate' sounded awkward in casual conversation.
Getting back on track, Jasper is also a mage. Now, he's not one of those big, fancy wizards who shows off by moving the Tower of Pisa. He can do those things, but he prefers to use his magic for subtler things.

"Like moving quietly," I murmured angrily.
"Now, now," said a voice I recognized instantly. "We can't have you talking to yourself, can we?"
"Jas!" I shrieked, forgetting completely about the wish to be alone.
I ran to where Jasper had stepped out of the bushes, throwing my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms tightly around my waist in response.
"If anyone was watching, they'd think we hadn't seen each other for weeks, not hours," he remarked. I leaned back a little to grin at him.
"I come with strings attached. Take it or leave it."
He laughed. " I like the extra strings, thank you very much!"
Jas loosened one of his arms and tipped up my chin, dipping his head to kiss me. I pushed my fingers into his blonde streaked, deep brown hair, pulling him closer. The arm around my waist moulded me to his body, deepening the kiss. Jasper's spare arm traced its way up and down my body.
We finally had to draw back to breathe, but we didn't release one another.
"Wow," whispered Jasper, breathless. I just smiled, unable to speak.
He suddenly looked troubled. "Mollie, what's the matter?"
I sighed. Jas could always see so easily through my pretences.
"My dad just told me I'm a werewolf."
"Oh."
I gave him an astounded look.
"Do you want me to elaborate?" Jasper's voice sounded exasparated.
"I didn't mean it like that!" I cried. "I'm happy you didn't say much. I thought you were going to run away screaming!"
"Oh Mollie." He gave me a squeeze. "You can be very stupid sometimes. I keep thinking you're going to run away from me. What a pair of freaks we are." We both grinned.
"Jas," I began. "I know you're going to try and take me back to my place, and I don't want to go. Can I please, please, please stay at your place tonight?" I reached up and pressed my lips to his to empathize my point.
"Fine, but it'll be your funeral when you go home tomorrow," he said.
"Oh, thankyou, thankyou, THANKYOU!" I tightened my arms around his neck, then let go.
"I want to run this time," I explained when he looked offended. "Just don't be scared by what I'm about to do."

When Jas finally let go, I just... well, I don't know what I did, I just phased (Phasing is turning into a wolf). It seemed natural, like I had done it a thousand times. I felt spasms run down my spine, travelling down my arms and legs. Heat flowed through my body, and I shuddered.
My paws hit the ground, and I was surprised at the speed of my transformation. I made a mental note to ask Jasper what it looked like.
Lets go, I said. Jasper was frozen to the spot, his face a mask of shock.
How did you... wait, how did you get inside my head? he asked. Now it was my turn to be shocked.
I don't know, I thought. I didn't even notice. He shook his head.
Lets go, he said, but it didn't look like he could move.
Do you want a ride? I offered.
Please, Jas answered gratefully. I don't think I could make it.
I crouched on the ground beside him, and I could feel him trembling as he clambered on.
I told you not to be scared, I pointed out.
But then you turned into a wolf! He had a point there.
If you had given me a little warning, he continued, maybe I wouldn't have been so frightened!
{i]Sorry Jas, I mumbled. He laughed out loud.
Don't worry, Jas said. Just warn me next time. Anyway, I always wanted a dog.
Jasper buried his face in my fur as I began to run. I ever gained speed, and when my rhythmn was steady, Jas's face appeared form behind my head.
This is incredible, he screamed in my mind.
I'm glad you're enjoying it, I told him.
"WOOHOO!" he screamed out loud, his arms flung out wide. I barked a laugh and pushed on through the thick forest.

A few minutes later I broke through the trees, making a giant leap over Jasper's back fence.
Wasn't expecting that, he thought after I had landed in his backyard.
It's not like I had a choice, I retorted. He chuckled as he slid off my back.
I quickly phased back to human form before Jas's parents freaked over having a giant wolf in their yard.
Jas took my hand, twining his fingers through mine, and I let him lead me through the back door.
"Are you hungry?" he asked as we headed toward the kitchen.
"A little," I answered, my stomach rumbling. That made Jasper roar with laughter. He was still laughing when we walked into the kitchen, where his big brother Kaden was raiding the fridge.
"Hey Jas, hey Mollie," Kaden said, his mouth full of apple.
"Hey Kaden," I replied, pulling myself up onto the kitchen bench as Jasper busied himself with making dinner.
Kaden punched him in the shoulder. "Don't you say hello to your big brother any more?" he said, his voice theatrically sad.
"Hello, Kaden." Jasper looked down as he spoke, but I could see the grin on his face. Kaden grinned too.
"I'll leave you guys to it then," Kaden said, leaving the room with a grin. I shook my head. Kaden was so easy to like.
Kaden was quickly replaced by Lilly, Jasper's sister. I jumped down to embrace her. Lilly and I were like sisters. What a shame that she could see through my pretences just as easily as Jas.
"Mollie, what's up?"
I sighed. "My dad just told me I am a werewolf. That's why I'm here, not at home."
"Fair enough!" she said. I grinned. Lilly always understood.
"Crap," Jasper muttered. I turned to see a flash of blue stop a potato that had rolled off the bench. I walked over and plucked it out of the air. I handed it to Jas, meeting his eyes when our skin touched.
"Thanks Moll," he said, turning around to continue cooking.
"Is there anything I can do to help?" I asked, walking to his side.
"Um, you can cut the potatoes," he suggested.
Lilly left the room, muttering something about homework.
We worked in comfortable silence for a few minutes until, klutz that I am, I cut my finger on the knife.
"Shoot," I muttered. sucking my finger.
Jasper sighed. "Let me see," he said. I showed him willingly. Just him holding my hand made it feel better.
I watched as he conjoured a blue shimmer around my cut finger. When it faded away, it was completely healed.
"You never cease to amaze me," I whispered.
"Your clumsiness never ceases to amaze me," he said, grinning.
Kaden stuck his head in the door.
"You two can stare at each other later!" he yelled. "Finish making dinner! I'm starving!" Jasper dropped my hand guiltily.
Kaden grinned and left the room. When he was gone, Jas took my hand again, using his free hand to speed up the cooking process with magic.

"Dinner's on the table!" Jasper called a few minutes later. His family trailed into the dining room after us. I sta down in my usual spot, next ot Jas.
"Finally," Kaden grumbled as he seated himself next to me. I elbowed him in the ribs.
"Hello Mollie." Jasper's father was easy to like as well. His mother walked around to kiss my cheek. Jas's family was like extended family to me.
"One, two, three, GO!" Kaden yelled. He and Jas always had a race at dinner, but Kaden usually won. I sighed. At least I still had some dignity left.

Twenty minutes later, I was sitting on the kitchen bench again, watching Jasper get himself some icecream.
"Want some?" he asked me.
"I'll just share yours," I replied. I was quiet for a few seconds before I spoke again.
"Are you ever not hungry?"
Jas chuckled. "Not really, no."
"Well. I'm glad I got that cleared up," I said.
Suddenly Jasper was in front of me, his face not even two inches away from mine.
"What?" I asked nervously.
"Nothing. I'm just looking at how beautiful you are."
He stepped closer - though I'm not sure how that's possible - and wrapped his arms arond my waist. I locked my arms around his neck in response. We smiled evilly at each other.
Jas leaned in, kissing me softly at first, becoming more and more passionate as the kiss lengthened.
"Get a room, you two," Kaden said, raiding the fridge again.
Jasper broke the kiss and loosened one of his arms so he could turn and glare at Kaden.
"You're only saying that because I have a girlfriend and you don't!" Jas said. I struggled to suppress a giggle.
Kaden started to mumble about what he would do if he had a girlfriend into the fridge.
"Piss off, Kaden," Jasper told him, facing me again. "It's about to get a lot worse!" Then Jas was kissing me again, extremely passionately this time. Kaden made a disgusted noise and stalked out of the room.
When we stopped to breathe, Jasper grinned at me, and pulled me off the bench. He led me to his room, one arm around my waist the entire time. We made a quick stop in the living room to say goodnight.
Jas grinned evilly at Kaden, and Kaden glared back. We walked out of the room and Lilly followed us, wanting to know what we had done to Kaden.
"We grossed him out by kissing in front of him!" Jas said proudly when Lilly asked. I envied Jasper. I wouldn't be able to talk about that in front of anyone without blushing and stuttering.
"Excellent," Lilly replied.

"Night Jas, night Moll," Lilly said when we arrived at Jasper's door.
"Night," Jas and I said at the same time. He opened the door and set me down on the bed. He then strode out the door, yelling after Lilly; "Do you have any spare pajamas Mollie can wear?"
When Jas walked back in the door, he threw some pajamas at me before going to his closet to find something for himself to wear. I quickly changed and waited for Jasper on the bed.
He sat down opposite me. I shuffled over on my knees to slide onto his lap. His arms closed automatically around me, and I leaned into his chest, tucking my head under his chin. Jas released one arm, using it to stroke my hair. His other arm tightened. I soon fell asleep.



© Copyright 2008 ily-xx (UN: evilmornir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ily-xx has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/614962