*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/615629-A-Business-Plans-for-the-Future
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#615629 added October 30, 2008 at 11:01am
Restrictions: None
A Business Plans for the Future
A Business Plans for the Future

by Marilyn Mackenzie





November 5, 2008

John Smith sat in his corner office, looking out the window and wondering what the next four years would mean to his business. He was resigned to the fact that Obama would be the next president.

The pondering company owner knew that he would have to raise the prices on his products and services - probably about 8% - to accommodate the rise in taxes.

Smith employed 35 employees. His company was still the size of one where everyone seems to be like family. He knew, though, that he would have to downsize. The figures in front of him didn't lie. In order to continue paying the wages he did to his employees, providing the minimal benefits he could, and offering raises for employees who were an asset to the company, he would have to lay off about 6 employees. The calculations in front of him were proof of that fact.

As he looked out onto the parking lot again, sad at the prospect of having to let some people go and not enjoying the task of choosing them, something caught his eye. He rushed out to the parking lot and discovered 8 cars, trucks and SUVs with Obama bumper stickers on them.

"That's the answer!" he thought to himself. After taking down the license numbers, he rushed back to his office and called the employee who served as his assistant and his only human resources employee. He started the process of letting go those 8 employees who had obviously voted for Obama.

That was 2 more employees than he had anticipated laying off, but the lay off would mean that other employees had to work longer hours. The extra 2 lay offs would mean that he could compensate the ones who had to work harder.

Feeling better now about his decision, he picked up the phone and started to call each one of the business owners in the group that met every Tuesday for breakfast.

"Fred," he said. "I have the perfect solution to your lay off problem."

And so it went that day. Each of the businesses in the breakfast club targeted the obvious Obama supporters for lay off.



*********



Don't worry, folks. This is a fictional story, obviously. Obama has programs and policies to help every American. Right? Right.

© Copyright 2008 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/615629-A-Business-Plans-for-the-Future