*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/618666-Two-of-the-Worst-Days-Yet
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#618666 added November 15, 2008 at 2:17pm
Restrictions: None
Two of the Worst Days Yet
         You read it right. This past Thursday and Friday have been the two worst Fibro days I've had since knowing I had it to begin with. And trust me - that was a long time ago - about 40 years, give or take a couple.
         Both days I had pain from the moment I got up in at least one place, most often more than two. And, both days, it got worse as the day progressed, to the point where in the evening hours, from about 7:00 PM on, I couldn't move without something hurting, and there were a number of things that continued to hurt whether I moved or not.
         You name it. Back, shoulders, legs, arms, neck, plus every joint you can name and one or two that we can't usually name because we don't give them a thought until they hurt. Knuckles, knees, elbows, sacroilliac (usually the left, but sometimes left and right take turns).
         Kenzie and I have made short work of communicating the thought to each other when we have this all-inclusive problem. We sum it all up in just 2 words: everything hurts. Period.
         Then tack on the energy drain as my body consumes energy trying to fight the pain, and that makes for an interesting end to the evening. Getting up out of the chair after watching NUMB3RS with Kenzie last night took energy, which I barely had, and brought more pain that I didn't need. But, praise the Lord, I managed it. *Smile* And yes, I'm giving Him the credit because with that much pain I can't be sure that I could have accomplished it on my own.
         I got up at 8:30 this morning, took both dogs out, then went back to bed and slept till almost 11:00. That's about 11 hours of sleep. But at least I got reasonably well recharged, and the pain is down to something manageable. Just my elbows and back at the moment. But this rainy, cold weather is liable to bring back all the rest as the day progresses. We'll just have to see what happens. Hopefully, it won't come any where close to last night's situation any time soon.

© Copyright 2008 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/618666-Two-of-the-Worst-Days-Yet