*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/619664-The-Best-Evening-Ever
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1497286
My blog and random ramblings...
#619664 added November 20, 2008 at 8:50pm
Restrictions: None
The Best Evening Ever!
While yesterday was an extremely bad day, today has been the exact opposite. Today was Thursday, so I didn't have class until 1:00. I even got into the pool and swam for the first time in months...I've been kinda lazy and getting out of shape, so I decided to finally do something about it. Anyway, I aced my history test and then didn't do anything productive until about 6:00. *Bigsmile*

That's when the real good stuff started happening. I had to meet with my advisor who was giving a presentation on some research he had been doing for a few years now. I got to present a portion of my paper on Egyptian history as a part of his presentation in order to be eligible to participate in an independent study project next semester. While I'm comfortable writing my thoughts, I have a huge confidence issue (or lack thereof) with speaking in a formal setting in front of a bunch of people. Luckily, I was very pleased with my paper and had little trouble explaining what I had done with my research paper. After reading the excerpt I chose, my professor had me remain at the podium while he explained that he was recommending me for the independent study program!!! This is a huge deal for me. I get to create my own research project and enlist a group of underclassmen volunteers who need research hours. Then I get to tell them what to look for and then I go through and read their collected research and form it into another research paper. My topic is going to be Egyptians again, but much more in depth.

While that's all good and wonderful, that's not the best part. The best part is that as part of this project, my advisor is sponsoring a trip to Egypt in which I get to participate as a LEAD!!!!! This is a dream come true for me. I've been to Greece and Rome before, but never to Egypt.

If I can just get through the family crap that's going on at the moment and get to next semester, things are going to be amazing!!!! *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2008 'Rav - Overflooding... (UN: aravan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
'Rav - Overflooding... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/619664-The-Best-Evening-Ever