*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/620639-The-Holiday-Season
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1497286
My blog and random ramblings...
#620639 added November 25, 2008 at 10:06pm
Restrictions: None
The Holiday Season
A few thoughts I've had....

It isn't even December yet and the local radio stations insist on playing Christmas music 24 hours!!!! *Angry* Toooooo early. Its bad enough people are already putting out Christmas decorations. I know, I know, its smarter to put them out during what may be the last nice weekend here before Christmas rather than freezing your butt off later. I get it, I really do. But putting EVERYTHING out?!?! That's just tacky. I love Christmas. One of the best days of the year. Mostly because its just about the only day that my brothers (and whole family) actually get along....though this year will be interesting. I am sooooo excited to be spending Christmas in Australia. No freezing for me this year!!

And another thing. Thanksgiving. I don't get this holiday except for the eating of lots and lots of food. I get that part. And I know that its an important day in American history. And I know that everybody's going home for Thanksgiving. My high school even has Alumni Day the day before Thanksgiving when everyone comes home....for the most part. Unfortunately, the biggest turn out of alumni are the ones who graduated the previous year to visit old friends still in high school and the teachers that are still around. Me, I know my brothers and some of their friends. Most of my favorite teachers are gone now and its a shame that I have no real reason to go....

I know this time of year is supposed to be about friends and family. But my family is seriously messed up right now. ARG!!!!!!! Three days....and then I'll be in Australia and can forget about my life here for about a month. *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2008 'Rav - Overflooding... (UN: aravan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
'Rav - Overflooding... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/620639-The-Holiday-Season