*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/621131-Thanksgiving-weekend
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#621131 added November 29, 2008 at 9:21am
Restrictions: None
Thanksgiving weekend
Have had an absolutely WONDERFUL weekend with our friends and GFG.  My mom arrived on Wednesday late morning, while I was frantically polishing the silver.  Why was I doing this?  Because, as I was driving home from dropping Jakie off at school that morning, it suddenly occurred to me that I did not have enough regular dishes or silverware for all of the people who would be there for Thanksgiving! *Shock* *facepalm*  All the little details I remembered . . . and I TOTALLY flaked out on how I was gonna SERVE the stuff!  ROFLMAO!  So my mom jumped in and helped with the task.  Enjoyed the day, and Bob and I were able to sneak out for a quick dinner at India Grille.  Our friends Liz and David and their 3 children arrived around 9:30 PM that evening, to our great delight!  The reunion was wonderful as always . . . it always amazes me how close the children are - there has never been any awkwardness.  From the moment they first met, it was like they'd known each other forever.

Thanksgiving was wonderful.  The first thing we made in the morning was applesauce, and each of the kids had a chance to help.  Having Liz and my mom there to help, and just to keep me company, was such a joy!  The meal was amazing . . . I used Alton Brown’s turkey brining recipe at Liz’s suggestion, and it was juicy and delicious!  It was pretty incredible because no one complained about anything!!!  LOL!  Always a good thing, right?  We had turkey and stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, carrot pudding, broccoli, salad, homemade applesauce, cranberry sauce, spiced apple rings and rolls.  *Bigsmile*  Most of the kids had ice cream for dessert, and then we had apple pie later (cuz I didn’t realize the frozen pie needed to be baked first, heh). 

Friday my mom, Liz and I went out for lunch at Panera, and then did some shopping.  Went to Target, and then the Farmer’s Market . . . where we ran into Bob, David and all the kiddos.  The adults went out for dinner at Carabba’s and then to see Australia.  Unfortunately, I’d decided to be a bad girl and eat a caprese panini with lots of cheese for lunch . . . so by dinnertime I was feeling quite uncomfortable. *Blush*  The film was amazing, breathtaking and heartbreaking. 

And then . . . and THEN!!!!  When we got home (around 11:15 PM) . . . Liz and I jumped on the computer and did a little research . . . and booked our tickets for Greece!!!!  March 5th to 14th, 2009! 

Our friends will leave later today *sniffles* but we’re all excited to visit with them again in December, when our family will drive out to their house to celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas! *Bigsmile*


Moulin Rouge quote

© Copyright 2008 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/621131-Thanksgiving-weekend