*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623781-An-Aside-Christmas-in-Americas-Home-Town
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Elysia
Rated: 18+ · Book · Environment · #1269688
Welcoming the city-withered...
#623781 added December 11, 2008 at 12:06pm
Restrictions: None
An Aside: Christmas in America's Home Town
Last Friday I was invited to attend the Lighting of the Trees in downtown Plymouth, Massachusetts.  Little ones in tow, we made our way there and bundled out of the car.  Main Street was closed to traffic for the duration of the festivities, and I was struck by the peaceful hush of the scene-very Olde New England.  Santa came riding in on an antique fire truck, led the crowd in some Christmas carols, and lit the trees ceremoniously.  Various churches offered fun treats like gingerbread man decorating for the little ones, and homemade bread nibbles and hot cocoa.  A craft fair boasted various potential Christmas gifts, and the evening was pleasantly concluded with a Clydesdale drawn wagon ride around the old streets of Plymouth.  Again, the hush beyond the clop-clop of huge shod hoofs struck me, as the pleasant smell of horses wafted back from our giant bearers.  All in all, a pleasant experience I would recommend highly to all!
Merry Christmas!

© Copyright 2008 Elysia (UN: elysia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elysia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623781-An-Aside-Christmas-in-Americas-Home-Town